Caravan alarm

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have purchased a Elddis 550 Osprey a few months ago. Can any one recommend a decent alarm that I could fit to this van.
Thanks
Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

The first thing to check is your caravan insurance policy that might have particular requirements. IF you don't follow what your insurer says, it may invalidate your policy.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot suggest an alarm as I have not had to fit one but insurers will accept most makes and give you a discount. Do be aware though that alarms will run the battery down fairly quickly if the caravan is not connected to the mains, probably you would get no more than two weeks out of a charged battery. If it is in store or there is no mains connection then a good solar panel will be needed, but that needs a regulator to prevent overcharging..

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Paul,

The first thing to check is your caravan insurance policy that might have particular requirements. IF you don't follow what your insurer says, it may invalidate your policy.

I have never ever found an insurance company that will invalidate a policy because an alarm Has been fitted !!!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
If the caravan was manufactured without an alarm, there is not going to be an issue with an insurance company over the type or make of alarm fitted........................unless

Unless you have negotiated or accepted a discount from your insuance company in which case it would need to be type approved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts