Caravan and Motorhome Club

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
For me it was always and stil is the CC.
Now I’ve lost track. What is the abbreviation?
Loads of different ones on here!
For me it is the CAMC.
Any offers?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve tended to use CMHC mainly for younger Forum users who may not be so used to using CC. But I must admit CC still feels best.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Caravan club for me . I think it sounds better no disrespect to motorhome owners though :blush: .
I suppose if you have a motorhome and you're in the club you will probably use the full correct title. ;)

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Caravan club for me . I think it sounds better no disrespect to motorhome owners though :blush: .
I suppose if you have a motorhome and you're in the club you will probably use the full correct title. ;)

I don't like the new logo, despite it being quite fresh, but the old one seemed a smidge pompous (is that just me?). I refer to them as the Caravan Club as it is quicker to say! Personally I think they have forgotten their heritage somewhat with the name change.

How long until the 'Friendly' club becomes the Camping, Caravanning, Trailer-Tenting, Motorhoming & Campervanning Club? :lol:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:

I don't like the new logo, despite it being quite fresh, but the old one seemed a smidge pompous (is that just me?). I refer to them as the Caravan Club as it is quicker to say! Personally I think they have forgotten their heritage somewhat with the name change.

How long until the 'Friendly' club becomes the Camping, Caravanning, Trailer-Tenting, Motorhoming & Campervanning Club? :lol:

I find the new logo is quite difficult to spot for CLs as it is too wishy washy and blends in with hedgerows. It wouldn't be so bad if CL signs were 1 metre square, but they are not.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I still prefer the original. far more easily recognisable :)
CC_-_V-_CAMC.jpg

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
otherclive said:
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:

I find the new logo is quite difficult to spot for CLs as it is too wishy washy and blends in with hedgerows. It wouldn't be so bad if CL signs were 1 metre square, but they are not.

The new logo makes me think of Walls Icecream.........

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Dodger524 said:
The new logo makes me think of Walls Icecream.........

Exactly, me too.

Their web address is still caravanclub.com though.

They do have the URL camc.com... which redirects to CaravanClub.co.uk... make your mind up!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I understand that quite a number of members did as I did and complain to the Club about the change, taking considerable funds and effort from more useful things and for no obvious purpose. I asked what benefits those responsible had identified, whether these 'benefits' had been costed, when they were going to be reviewed as successful or not, and whether members were going to be informed. This would be standard practice in most organisations of this size.
Reply was uninformative 'boilerplate' stuff.
It appears though that the legal entity is still the Caravan Club so at least the cost of that change has been avoided.

I am reminded of a much bigger change years ago when ESSO became EXXON.
It's difficult to believe that the brand change made any great difference in the share of the market in fuel and other oil related products but the cost of rebranding was enormous. In the process the link with the originators = Standard Oil (SO, pronounced esso) was lost for what ? CAMC (Caravan and Motorhome Club) could be asked the same question.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
RayS said:
I understand that quite a number of members did as I did and complain to the Club about the change, taking considerable funds and effort from more useful things and for no obvious purpose. I asked what benefits those responsible had identified, whether these 'benefits' had been costed, when they were going to be reviewed as successful or not, and whether members were going to be informed. This would be standard practice in most organisations of this size.
Reply was uninformative 'boilerplate' stuff.
It appears though that the legal entity is still the Caravan Club so at least the cost of that change has been avoided.

I am reminded of a much bigger change years ago when ESSO became EXXON.
It's difficult to believe that the brand change made any great difference in the share of the market in fuel and other oil related products but the cost of rebranding was enormous. In the process the link with the originators = Standard Oil (SO, pronounced esso) was lost for what ? CAMC (Caravan and Motorhome Club) could be asked the same question.

I think the problem often is that the people in charge of organisations think that they need to be seen to be doing things, even when the things they do don't actually achieve very much. Corporate logos and "Mission Statements" are usually high up their agenda.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Niall you are spot on.
Now retired I changed from private sector to public sector age 51 and have only just got over it - now 82.
I met lots of nice people from Management Consultants but very few who came up with ideas that I could not have got from in-house talent. ( apart from the Civil service having a huge NIH complex ( Not Invented Here)). A real shame and loss to the nation as the engineering talent was/is as good as it gets but stiffed. And i'm talking high tech - pharmaceutical and nuclear engineering.
Better stop this before Seve or Damain (rightly) decides it's not too much about caravanning.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RayS said:
Niall you are spot on.
Now retired I changed from private sector to public sector age 51 and have only just got over it - now 82.
I met lots of nice people from Management Consultants but very few who came up with ideas that I could not have got from in-house talent. ( apart from the Civil service having a huge NIH complex ( Not Invented Here)). A real shame and loss to the nation as the engineering talent was/is as good as it gets but stiffed. And i'm talking high tech - pharmaceutical and nuclear engineering.
Better stop this before Seve or Damain (rightly) decides it's not too much about caravanning.

Your right the pros and cons of public and private sector aren’t caravanning issues. But for what it’s worth I’ve exoerinced similar to you in blue chip private sector change management programmes.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
For me it is CC and always will be. Okay so I didn't walk away from the club for selfish reasons but I will not be displaying any merchandise with the new name or logo on. :angry:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
For me it is CC and always will be.

We said that man, I am firmly in your camp. My reasons maybe contentious but when we travel, we tend to go for a few weeks rather than just a weekend. And whilst its always been an issue with the CC I feel with the burgeoning number of motorhomes who fill the club sites on Friday and Saturday nights (and I dont blame them for it), unless we plan months in advance, getting a full week or two last minute is becoming nigh on impossible. Apologies for raising an old chestnut but it takes all the spontaneity out of things.

I also know many of you wont agree but I find many of the motorhomers a different breed to the rest of us, less prepared to be sociable, or roll their sleeves up and help out. I feel that is because many of the new motorhomers would never have considered a caravan due to the work and effort involved, motorhoming in a way is simpler and will basically attract a whole new type of camper.

Ill get my tin hat now and dig in.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Strange that there is a name change and then after the change the chairman who wrecked his caravan on TV collected his motorhome which you have to order months in advance? To us it will always be the CC!

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Buckman said:
Strange that there is a name change and then after the change the chairman who wrecked his caravan on TV collected his motorhome which you have to order months in advance? To us it will always be the CC!

Oh Grenville... How could you?! :p
https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/news/caravan-and-motorhome-club-chairman-buys-his-first-motorhome

It seems to be the logical progression with some caravanners... my neighbours switched from a caravan and large towcar to a small Auto-Trail coachbuilt and a city car.. (Don't think they tow the car though)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We like the freedom that a caravan gives us as we can then take the car to explore places inaccessible to a motor home . We can however envisage a time when perhaps a motor home could be more suited to our needs and we would then change the sort of things that we do when touring. But I can’t see why it should change us as people as we just both enjoy being out in the countryside.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
But I can’t see why it should change us as people as we just both enjoy being out in the countryside.

Ah but you see, you have done the apprenticeship, you know what its really all about.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts