caravan boiler not pumping water

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello, My water boiler has stopped working, when i turn the tap on no water comes through, ive tried the knob that controls the water pressure next to the boiler, no joy, im not sure whether it is just the pump that goes into the water container thats broken or would it be the boiler. Is the pump outside the caravan the only thing that pumps the water through. The water did run out in the water container and it wasnt used for a few hours, would this 'break' the boiler ? I have full power to the van and checked everything that i think it could be, can anyone help me before i go and buy a new boiler ?

Any help appreciated....:eek:)

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jon do you cold water from the tap? or are you not getting cold and hot ie no water at all? i had a similar prob at easter and it turned out to be the non return valve in the boiler . i was getting cold from the tap but no hot . cost me

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello Graham - i get no cold or hot water, i get a slight dribble to start then nothing. Its a carver cascade, yes it does help as i can start to backtrack and problem solve, where is the non return valve ?

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi mine was a carver also as you look at the boiler from inside the van its on the oposite end to the exterior wall on the bottom right hand corner. i got mine from my local caravan servicer

Graham

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
just a quick thought when you turn the water on can you here the outside pump running?
no, i cannot hear the outside pump when i turn the water on (unfortunately) which made me think that the pump has burnt out or something, do you know whether it would damage the boiler at all ?

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
no, i cannot hear the outside pump when i turn the water on (unfortunately) which made me think that the pump has burnt out or something, do you know whether it would damage the boiler at all ?

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
if the outside pump isnt working then it wont have filled the boiler so i wouldnt turn your boiler heater on or it wont do it any good would be like boiling the kettle with no water in it. have you tried emptying the boiler to see if there is water in it? if there is and you have had the boiler on id think your boiler would be ok. what pump is it you use outside?

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
ive just tried the drain pipe from the boiler and water is coming out so that seems fine, the pump (i think) is a carver compact, thats what it says on the front of the instruction/fitting booklet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jon,

Strictly speaking the Carver Cascade is not a 'boiler' it is a heater.

That aside, if you are not getting water from either hot or cold taps it strongly points to a problem with the pump.

If the pump was allowed to run dry for any length of time it will damage it.

However even if the cold water container did empty, the Cascade will remain full of water, because you have to push cold water in to displace the hot water that comes out.

Simply running out of cold water will not damage the heater, but the pump is most likely to be the cause of your current problem.

Replacing the pump should restore both hot and cold supplies.

It is important that you get the necessary information about the heater and draining it down for winter. see

www.arcsystems.biz

where you will find instructions for the Carver Cascade Mk2

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Jon i had a similar problem with no water coming from my taps .this might be worth a try .my problem was the pipe that,s on the end of the pump that goes into the water container instead of going to the bottom of the container it was siting on the top of the water inside the container .and not drawing any water through the system . might be worth a try .or your micro switches in your taps/pump are not working when you turn them on to draw water .

hope this gives you another idea to try .OR im barking up the wrong tree as they say

cheers Duggie

TRENDING THREADS