Caravan Channel

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I contribute to Swift Talk and at the moment there is the subject of the Caravan Channel being talked about in not very complementary terms. Like myself everyone thinks the programme has gone down hill since Graham Laughlin took over the presenting.
This week he said the copper gas pipes were stainless steel and that is a good safety feature. He also said the fitted solar panel would keep all the electics going and that the front locker could hold three gas cylinders.
He has obviously not been in a caravan in his life, or if he has he must have always used an EHU otherwise he would soon have had a flat battery, because he went straight to the microwave and his implication was that the solar panel was all that was required to use it
Even if you could fit three cylinders has he not heard of nose weight or MTPLM ?
Bring back Chris Gosling, or Phil Widdows or Andy Harris who used to present the show. I know that Phil has had health problems and Andy now presents the Motorhome Channel but any one except the new bloke.
By contrast Chris Powell who present the Caravan Finder TV show is a caravaner and knows what he is talking about. He comes across as professional as opposed to the amature on the Caravan Channel.
Does anyone else ageee with me ?

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I totally agree with everything you have said,the new presenter is crap to put it nicely. I honestly dont think he is a caravanner, or he just agrees with the script they give him.

Dougie.......

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It's embarrassing at best , listen next time to see how many times he says caravan when reviewing a tourer.
I remember when they announced they were looking for applicants - I wish I had gone for it now.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Last night he grabbed the Al-ko hitch stabiliser and said it was the latest ATC
smiley-surprised.gif
You have to blame the person who gave him the job.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes, agree with everyhing said above. He also gets the caravan make and model the wrong way round. eg an Odyssey Elddis.

When they did the 'screen tests' for the new presenters, there was a chap who was much better imho. Even the couple, who to my mind were a bit over enthusiastic, were better than Graham.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
You would think the caravan channel would be getting complaints ! He has got the make and model names wrong quite a few times since he started.

Dougie.......

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If you go on the Caravan Channel website, you will find all the videos that they show in the programme, so you don't have to wait until tomorrow!
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Go to the website and watch the videos. There is not much more to the show. You can also watch it online if you want, access this from the website as well.
mel

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Watched the Caravan Channel again last night and the presenter did it again.
He said that the SE in the Swift Challenger stood for standard equipment. I understand from Swift that it stands for special equipment to differentiate between the Sport and the SE models. If the SE has standard equipment does the Sport have non standard equipment ?
He also complained that the bathroom was too small for a six berth caravan. Does he not realise that it is because the bathroom is small that manufacturers can squeeze six berths into a caravan
I will watch the next episode to see what he gets wrong then

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Frinton Mike said:
Watched the Caravan Channel again last night and the presenter did it again.
He said that the SE in the Swift Challenger stood for standard equipment. I understand from Swift that it stands for special equipment to differentiate between the Sport and the SE models. If the SE has standard equipment does the Sport have non standard equipment ?
He also complained that the bathroom was too small for a six berth caravan. Does he not realise that it is because the bathroom is small that manufacturers can squeeze six berths into a caravan
I will watch the next episode to see what he gets wrong then

He also suggests putting the wet awning in the rear storage locker.
nothing like helping the tail wag the dog

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
This guy totally drives me crazy to the point that i now won't watch it at all, I actually emailed the caravan channel after about his 3rd episode to complain about him. His awful droning voice is not helped by the way he flails his arms at every detail he quotes, ( as said, mostly incorrect ones at that). I actually found myself shouting at him on TV at his rediculous errors. At that point i realised it was time to read a good book when ever the wife puts it on the TV.

Bring back Andy 'Modorhome' I met him at last years NEC, he is a really nice guy and took the modorhome ribbing in good heart... I hope :)

Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts