Caravan Club - acknowledgement of payment for ferry bookings

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Following the introduction of their new computer system earlier this year, it semds CC do no routinely send you a 'zero balance' statement after you have made the final payment for your ferry booking. This payment will, of course, show on your card statement but this may arrive after your departure date or, like me, you may not be in the habit of carrying credit card statements with you on holiday.

CC assure me that such a zero statement is unnecessary, but I for one prefer to have proof of full payment with me when checking in, particularly if this is at night and or weekend when CC will not be available on the telephone. In any case it does not seem much to ask for a simple recepit for what is usually several hundred £££ spent out.

To make matters worse, an email asking why no document had been received remains unanswered over a week or more.

So if, like me, you would like to have proof of your payment from CC, I suggest you firmly request it at the time of making the final payment.

(The above applies to telephone bookings - I'm not sure about on-line bookings but in previous years the final payment for these had to be made by phone too, but in those days the paperwork was with you the following day).

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have used the CC for all our overseas van trips and never had a problems with the paperwork that they provide. When bookings are amended they send an updated confirmation statement that shows the new amended schedule together with an updated price. The paperwork shows the sites/ferries/passengers/dogs etc and confirms that it is to be showed as proof of booking. All the organisations that the Club book for you are fully familiar with the Club's process.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts