caravan club cc bookings 2010

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
well theres a surprise. it looks like they just cant deal with us. you cant book on line, there now not answering the phone at head office and the wardens are busy with guests they have on site now which is fair enough.

what have you managed to book. i did me 3 weeks at hillhead direct with site and me dec weekend and new year at broadway but thats it so far.

i knew it wouldnt cope

jo

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes,

Makes you wonder why we pay for this. even the phones are not working. After last year you would think they had sorted this out. They should not restrict the date anyway, if they simply let booking flow and charge a deposit this would not happen. If they want to do it this way why don't they make it one booking per day per member for the first week of the booking season.

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Finally done it, manged to get one booking confirmed its only taken 1 hour 15 minutes just 10 more to go. Time for a cuppa tea me thinks with a drop of whisky to celerbrate.

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Am I missing something here?

3 bookings? in under 20 minutes?

And your moaning about it?

I'm still sat here trying to make the first one - being able to log onto the site would be nice even.

Perhaps the club SHOULD change the rules - to reflect that ANY booking made in the first month of availability must be paid in full at the time of booking, and is non refundable.

It amazes me how last year, a week after bookings eventually went live, nearly every weekend at each site I wanted to book was full. Funny how 3 weeks before the actual weekends I wanted, there's LOADS of pitches.

Maye the club should ALSO start taking noe of what percentage of bookings people actually cancel (or no show for) and then start to restrict their pre-booking abilities ccordingly.

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Don't know you have done three bookings in 20 minutes Lee but I think Ill come round to yours as you must have a hotline straight into the Caravan Club HQ. LOL Ian

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
booked my 4 sites for the summer and for next New Year all done online site is a bit slow but it got there.

And before anyone suggests otherwise we will be going unless a major disaster strikes in which case I will cancel with as much notice as possible, although never cancelled a site in 5 years,And I would have made the same bookings if I had to pay a deposit.

hope everyone gets the sites they require.

Good Luck

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Don't know you have done three bookings in 20 minutes Lee but I think Ill come round to yours as you must have a hotline straight into the Caravan Club HQ. LOL Ian
Didn't say I made 3 bookings.

Thats the comment from the original post, posted at 0920 - that they'd made 3 bookings by that time!

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Got two bookings done in last 2.5 hrs. getting pretty fed up now CC got to change the rules. As someone said. Take a deposit or retrict what you can book during the early part of the bookings. That way at least everyone would get a fair crack at it. This is pathetic.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am in the fortunate position, or should that be unfortunate, that I am not trying to book sites for 2010. As an observation these sorts of posts are appearing on most forums. So far it seems that the new system has held up more robustly than the previous one which I suppose is good news albeit on the slow side which may be understandable. There does seem to be a growing opinion that the Club needs to change its system, one suggestion being a rolling booking system. It might be a good idea to encourage people to e-mail the CC with your views. Nothing will change until the pressure grows for change.

David

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
its me being moaned about for making the three bookings. i dont cancel mine apart from my new year one and chrisanne has taken that booking. i would have done my bookings even if i had to pay in full.

sorry not everyone has been able to do there bookings but its not my fault blame the cc.

jo

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I managed to book ourselves and 2 other caravans in for Whit week at Braithwaite Fold and Rowntree in March. It took 1 hour 10 minutes of constant redialling before I got through.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've booked the new one at Barnards Castle.

I'll let you have a site review for your book jo-anne as long as I get a free copy (been waiting 2 years) and a mention in the credits :OP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have got a stop over at Black Horse Farm in July, Dec 2010 at Chatsworth Park and New year at Chester FairOaks. We wanted Rowntree Park but 31st December was already fully booked. I had to get this booked via the phone as the web site seemed worse than last year. Rallying for the rest of the year so not as stressful as last year.

Andy

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
I've booked the new one at Barnards Castle.

I'll let you have a site review for your book jo-anne as long as I get a free copy (been waiting 2 years) and a mention in the credits :OP
i HAVE BEEN TRYING ALL MORNING got one of 2 sites booked but what a farce book with site far quicker if site open (ring back)just got second one in 5 mins

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
After less than 5 mins repeated trying, I got through to the call centre and I have just booked 2 weeks away at Hillhead and Pembrey for next summer.

No joy on the website though!!!!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Im afraid its just down to the volume of people trying to book,no different to trying to buy show tickets when they have just been released.

No point a company investing heavily in equipment to cope with a 2 week busy spell when for the rest of the year it is sat idle.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Yet again the Bun Fight has started . Little wonder people can't log onto the CC website.

Never mind, there are plenty of wonderful CLs out there.

Jo-Anne , Google Barnards Castle. It will tell you all. A very pleasant part of County Durham.

Cheers

Dustydog

Dustydog

May 25, 2005
Visit site
STILL trying to access CC Booking page - getting pretty fed up now! All the boasting last year of the problem being resolved hasn't come to fruitition.

TRENDING THREADS