CARAVAN CLUB CHARGES FOR 2011

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought i would wait until the rush was over and enquired about CC site at Bunree £44.80 for two adults , two nights and "off peak", The privately run Glen Nevis site, 10 miles up the road has more facilities, at the foot of Ben Nevis, restaurant and shop nearby and within walking distance of Fort William, toilet facilities showers are better than CC site, @ £23.20 for the same dates, what a difference, we were away for over two months this year and only stayed at a CC site for a total of 5 days mainly because they were all full, but the upside is we found quality sites, better location and at least on par with CC sites at a cheaper rate, and nobody writes about you manhandling your caravan into a pitch
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Dustydog said:
Rowntree park , as usual , has no continuous one or two week slots available, Every single weekend is fully booked.

I've just replied to PhilSpadders under 'How long did it take you' in General about exactly the problem you've just had DD.
Thanks LB, I'm still catching up. Had this trouble at school not reading the exam paper first!
We looked at Chatsworth again this year and still prefer Grin Low because of the position and miles of dog walks.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
We looked at Chatsworth again this year and still prefer Grin Low because of the position and miles of dog walks.

We were going to try Grin Low this coming year but according to the book it says dog walk nearby.

Is there a dog walk leading off site or is it where the dog walk is down the road? The reason I ask is because I don't like the dogs even weeing on site and depending where the pitch is it can be a bit of a dash first thing in the morning
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Dustydog said:

We were going to try Grin Low this coming year but according to the book it says dog walk nearby.

Is there a dog walk leading off site or is it where the dog walk is down the road? The reason I ask is because I don't like the dogs even weeing on site and depending where the pitch is it can be a bit of a dash first thing in the morning
smiley-smile.gif
See the site plan. Pitches 1,2 ,5,6 31,32,33, 43-46 are all within 30 seconds walk of the site entrance . Turn left and the dogs can let go. Obviously I know you will pick up the no 2s. This is a small public car park with public toilets which are very clean.There is a very large long grassed area by the cliff face which seems to attract dog owners. I prefer to walk on towards the Grin Low woods ,60 secs, and the path to Solomon's Temple. An excellent dog walk and one that knackers the Springers out for the day.
Some people do walk down the road, ie turm right out of the site but I just can't see the point when the massive woods are on the left.
smiley-cool.gif

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
So far we've booked 2 weeks Cornwall, a week at each of Delamere Forest, Beddgelert and a Cotswold CL.
Still need to book weeks at a Devon CL, Burrs Country Park, Top Lodge, Englethwaite Hall and Strid Wood. No doubt there will be a few weeks away to fill in. I must start whittling away making clothes pegs to pay for it.

Good god man leave some dates for the rest of us
smiley-wink.gif

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Sorry guys and lasses, but you all simply miss the point. The point and only point is we members own and should be running the CC, as it is officers and a few centre members who probably never go on club sites have the say, I guess mostly officers do as they please.
The isues of finding other sites, not being able to book, weekenders, No shows, lack of deposits to stop multi booking and all the other issues have been well documented to the CC but they simply do not want to know as officers control the committees and the few members are nothing more than puppets.
So there is a finacial loss, were has the cost cutting come in, where have they looked to run more efficeintly, less jobs running at half pace, less waste and less "jobs worth". The CC need to look inward at costs and excesses before simply raising prices as the easy option before they all wring their hands and go off for anther long weekend. O'h dear have I touched a nerve, lets hope so.
Wayne

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
See the site plan. Pitches 1,2 ,5,6 31,32,33, 43-46 are all within 30 seconds walk of the site entrance . Turn left and the dogs can let go. Obviously I know you will pick up the no 2s. This is a small public car park with public toilets which are very clean.There is a very large long grassed area by the cliff face which seems to attract dog owners. I prefer to walk on towards the Grin Low woods ,60 secs, and the path to Solomon's Temple.

Thanks for that DD. I will keep that in mind for next year unless we decide to add it to one of our jaunts out this year
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I wonder if the occupancy tables for each CC site are openly available?
smiley-undecided.gif

If it transpires that Rowntree Park is say running at say 40% occupancy because all the weekends are taken and the remaining weekdays empty then the CC do have a problem that needs addressing.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
trucker said:
Lord Braykewynde said:
So far we've booked 2 weeks Cornwall, a week at each of Delamere Forest, Beddgelert and a Cotswold CL.
Still need to book weeks at a Devon CL, Burrs Country Park, Top Lodge, Englethwaite Hall and Strid Wood. No doubt there will be a few weeks away to fill in. I must start whittling away making clothes pegs to pay for it.

Hurry up then Kev because I've still got to book the days in between
smiley-smile.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I wonder if the occupancy tables for each CC site are openly available?
smiley-undecided.gif

If it transpires that Rowntree Park is say running at say 40% occupancy because all the weekends are taken and the remaining weekdays empty then the CC do have a problem that needs addressing.

I think I'll propose at the next AGM that the CC buys up a field next to each site and shoves the weekenders in there
smiley-laughing.gif

heh! heh! heh!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
trucker said:
Lord Braykewynde said:
Hurry up then Kev because I've still got to book the days in between
smiley-smile.gif
Carry on like that LB and you'll qualify for a council tax rebate.
smiley-laughing.gif

BTW make sure your household insurance covers you whilst your home is unoccupied for more than 21 days.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

LB said
I'm going to be a long time dead DD so I intend going out with a bang enjoying myself
smiley-smile.gif

[/quote]

No doubt this meets with her Ladyship's approval
smiley-wink.gif

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Dustydog said:
Carry on like that LB and you'll qualify for a council tax rebate.
smiley-laughing.gif

I'm going to be a long time dead DD so I intend going out with a bang enjoying myself
smiley-smile.gif

Go for it, me and my brothers keep telling our mum and dad to do the same. we will be when we retire
smiley-innocent.gif

Mar 24, 2008
Visit site
I live locally to Chattsworth and can only get at weekends, Once again , 3rd year running its booked up 12 monrths in advance.

With 2 young children and long working hours my weeknds are precious... i would love to b able to *** homre friday night , hitch up, put kids in car and within 20 mins be at Chatsworth. It cant be done.

I would like to ask anyone who has booked more than 1 weekend at Chatsworth to cancel one of them. Go one , lets be fair about this.

It can't be done - why exactly? Perhaps you should try looking at Chatsworth for July and August - there are free weekends when I look at my pc! I am going for two weekends myself in November and March and I don't need to cancel one of them in order to be fair to you as there are plenty of weekends free in those months also, and in October. That you possibly want a free weekend in May when others have got in there first is called luck of the drawer.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
SootyandBaldrick said:
I live locally to Chattsworth and can only get at weekends, Once again , 3rd year running its booked up 12 monrths in advance.

With 2 young children and long working hours my weeknds are precious... i would love to b able to *** homre friday night , hitch up, put kids in car and within 20 mins be at Chatsworth. It cant be done.

I would like to ask anyone who has booked more than 1 weekend at Chatsworth to cancel one of them. Go one , lets be fair about this.

Perhaps you should try looking at Chatsworth for July and August - there are free weekends when I look at my pc! I am going for two weekends myself in November and March and I don't need to cancel one of them in order to be fair to you as there are plenty of weekends free in those months also, and in October. That you possibly want a free weekend in May when others have got in there first is called luck of the drawer.

I answered Spadders in this thread last Thursday when he complained about the weekends at Chatsworth being booked up ...
http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/general/how-long-did-it-take-you?page=3

Out of interest I thought I'd look myself and sure enough there were quite a few weekends still available.

For some reason there is no response from him, not sure why. Maybe he couldn't navigate from the PCv pages to check out the CC web site. Then maybe he wasn't in a happy mood and it was the first thing he could think of to moan about
smiley-undecided.gif

I honestly cannot see the point of moaning in a public forum about a topic which can be looked up and disproved by others.

G

I have been a CC member for over 35 years but last year they managed just 1 night out of me. If you look at another Post I put in General you will see where I spent my time, and yes, my Post was concerned about my costs. However, my site costs averaged €18 per night so I feel quite lucky considering the comments regarding the CC. I also do question those who continually bleat about the superior facilties of CC sites. Yes, they are reasonable but only good compared with some poorer sites in the UK. 4 showers per gender and a bit of gravel does not in my mind mean paradise. No shop on site, invariably no designated pitches, merely parking areas, no bar/cafe, no swimming pool, no entertainment in high season (if you wish), no facilities for kids, invariably grumpy and arrogant staff. And let us not mention the actual campers. Oh and of course God help you if you do not park exactly at the white peg. However, as the retail industry states every year 'there are plenty mugs out there willing to pay for this tat'.

For 2011 they will not get any bookings from me and the C&CC will get just 2 nights. I am booked in a site south of Cartagena for a month and then a month north of Valencia plus a few weeks in France. Plus in August I do it all in reverse. If you read my Post you will see I am yes, concerned about my costs but if I were to use the CC for all I ave booked, then I could never afford it at all, plus I would be totally miserable. The highlight being having a BBQ in the rain and watching some crap on the Beeb, sorry no thank you.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Scotch Lad said:
I have been a CC member for over 35 years but last year they managed just 1 night out of me. If you look at another Post I put in General you will see where I spent my time, and yes, my Post was concerned about my costs. However, my site costs averaged €18 per night so I feel quite lucky considering the comments regarding the CC. I also do question those who continually bleat about the superior facilties of CC sites. Yes, they are reasonable but only good compared with some poorer sites in the UK. 4 showers per gender and a bit of gravel does not in my mind mean paradise. No shop on site, invariably no designated pitches, merely parking areas, no bar/cafe, no swimming pool, no entertainment in high season (if you wish), no facilities for kids, invariably grumpy and arrogant staff. And let us not mention the actual campers. Oh and of course God help you if you do not park exactly at the white peg. However, as the retail industry states every year 'there are plenty mugs out there willing to pay for this tat'.

For 2011 they will not get any bookings from me and the C&CC will get just 2 nights. I am booked in a site south of Cartagena for a month and then a month north of Valencia plus a few weeks in France. Plus in August I do it all in reverse. If you read my Post you will see I am yes, concerned about my costs but if I were to use the CC for all I ave booked, then I could never afford it at all, plus I would be totally miserable. The highlight being having a BBQ in the rain and watching some crap on the Beeb, sorry no thank you.

Heh! heh! heh! I did have a laugh at SLs post
smiley-smile.gif
I hope I was meant to
smiley-embarassed.gif

First of all I can't verify the number of showers at each site, as I wouldn't think SL can as he doesn't use the sites. I mainly use our own but the odd times I have used them there have been more than four.

No shop on site? Why would anyone want to do their shopping on site except for perhaps the newspaper or toilet chemicals?

Merely parking areas? From the many posts I've read in this forum regarding pitches in France it doesn't seem that all is Utopia across the ****. Difficulty of reversing onto postage stamp sized pitches etc. saying how a mover is a blessing come to mind. Restricted bays etc. plus the risk factor of being robbed through various means and latest plans that the criminal fraternity have devised to relieve you of your belongings.

Not all of us want a bar/cafe. This is a point that does puzzle me. People need a cafe because they can't be bothered to make their own drink but in the evening stand over a BBQ slavishly sweating away
smiley-laughing.gif

I can't swim, along with many others, so I don't need a pool and I certainly don't want or have to pay for second rate entertainment. This is a strange comment considering your mentioning of watching some crap on the Beeb.

From a personal point of view we had and brought our kids up and have helped with our grandkids but the help didn't extend to taking them with us in the caravan, hence the reason we had a 2 berth. This is the reason I'm not particularly bothered if the sites we visit have play areas but having one doesn't deter us from using that site although I would prefer to leave those sites for those with children. It helps stop them moaning they can't get in anywhere
smiley-smile.gif

I'm not sure where you have encountered these 'grumpy and arrogant staff'. From my experience and from others postings on forums such as this it is a rarity although I do wonder how they keep their patience with some of the miserable gits who do caravan and think sensible rules don't mean them. I suppose those who don't pitch according to site regulations could be counted in the above
smiley-wink.gif
heh! heh! heh!

And let us not mention the actual campers. As you should know SL, it takes all sorts, we are all different and want/expect different things out of life. Some are more easily pleased than others. Some will never be pleased no matter what. Just take your post as an example. You see the other side of the **** as Utopia whereas others don't want to head south, not being sun worshippers for example and count us in on that.

So to sum up it's to be applauded that we are all different because those, like your goodself who prefer the continent, are relieving the pressure in Blighty by stopping complainers of not being able to get into Chatsworth on weekends.
smiley-laughing.gif

P.S. We don't do BBQs either although Her Ladyship does like her Holby City and Casualty
smiley-yell.gif

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Do you know what, LB, that's the most sensible, well thought out and true post I've ever seen you make, and I agree with it wholeheartedly (for once!! lol).
We've been to countless CC sites and have never come across any 'grumpy and arrogant staff'. But then I've always found you get back what you give
smiley-wink.gif

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No shop on site - I can live with that
no bar/cafe - hurrah, paradise
no swimming pool - don't need one
no entertainment in high season - fantastic, who wants to listen to some old bloke playing a guitar and singing out of tune?
invariably grumpy and arrogant staff - the punters are sometimes worse

Anyway, we hardly use CC sites, only CL's.

SL, why don't you simply move abroad? You haven't got a good thing to say about this country. You could rent your house out and get nice little income from that, if you need it.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts