Caravan Club Kinlochewe

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Anybody been to the Caravan Club site at Kinlochewe (Achnasheen) in Scotland? - appreciate any info on the area and places of interest nearby

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Last time we went there, another couple , having arrived minutes before us were in the middle of getting the warden to phone Morvich CC site to see if they could go there instead. They had taken one look at Kinlochewe and taken an instant dislike.

It's one of my favourite sites though !

It's all hardstanding, no grass at all. The toilet block was apparently a bit antiquated but that doesn't bother us because we don't use them.

The location is pretty spectacular,

surrounded by glorious mountains and woodlands.

There is a village hotel and bar, not the most atmospheric but OK. A petrol filling station and shop plus another general shop are both within a few minutes walk.

What is there to do ? Basically enjoy the natural beauty of the locality. Get out and walk. Other than that, very little.

You'll love it or hate it !

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jon

Make the effort to go a little further to Gairloch. It has a sea loch, harbour, boat trips, walks and some of the most beautiful views in Scotland - especially the sunsets. We loved it so much we moved here!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, I'm surprised that you didn't mention the spectacular wild brown trout fishing in the numerous hill lochs. Definitely woth the effort. Next time I think I'll buy a midge hat though!

We stayed on this one for 4 nights in May 07. The facilities are not top of the CC range, but neither is the price. We didn't mind that as we use our own toilet & shower. The site is divided into small areas, I seem to think mostly hard standing. As usual the Wardens were friendly & helpful.

We were unlucky with the weather, which brought out the midges but not too bad, I wouldn't want to stay there in June/July or August, for this reason.

We had a wonderful drive to Apple Cross & Lochcarron, we will definitely try to do that again.

Hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we did.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Colin, we were in Poolewe for 3 days in a B&B last May (the weather was beautiful btw)and we saw the caravan site in Gairloch. Was hoping you could give your opinion of that site please. You don't need to sell the area, we love it there!! We are trying to decide between the Gairloch site and the CCC at Inverewe.

Thanks

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I think Colin might find it difficult to give an impartial opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Do I take it then that Colin is the owner/warden? of this site?? I have seen some great reviews and noticed that a lot of praise was given to someone named Colin!!!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I think Colin might find it difficult to give an impartial opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!1
I think Colin is the owner !

The site looks in a smashing spot, there's a little more going on in Gairloch than Kinlochewe but you are in a less strategic spot for "touring".

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I think Colin is the owner !

The site looks in a smashing spot, there's a little more going on in Gairloch than Kinlochewe but you are in a less strategic spot for "touring".
Thanks for clearing that up Rioja and Colin, what a fantastic place to own a caravan site!! I hear that you are very good at helping people put up their awnings/tents!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts