Caravan Club National rally Cancelled

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I've just been informed that the National Rally at Eastnor Castle (June 1st - 6th) has been cancelled due to waterlogged venue
Regards
GraShe

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
GraShe said:
Hi
I've just been informed that the National Rally at Eastnor Castle (June 1st - 6th) has been cancelled due to waterlogged venue
Regards
GraShe
Don't understand why as it is a couple weeks away and the site is on a sloping hill and to be honest we have not had that much rain here and we live in the same district councuil!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I suppose a decision needs to be made at some point., maybe surfer they are thinking of damage to the grass by those with less capable driving skills. You and I could of cleaned up charging say £100 to pull out a disco and £200 for a sorrento! A shame for everyone booked though.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
….and when you got bogged down trying to extricate the Disco or Sorrento one of us Nissan owners would have come along and pulled the lot out totally free of charge!

The look of disbelief on your faces being payment enough .....
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I think they are using the rain as an excuse. Maybe there is not as many people attending as they had hoped. The area is very sloping and all water woudl have drained away by June which is still three weeks away. TBH we could do with some more rain as the water table is very low around Malvern. If it is that bad why aren't other sites in the area closed like Blackmore which is on flat ground and subject to getting water logged?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dont know how many posting this thead have actually attended a Nat rally. This one would have been our 19th had it not been cancelled, its one thing an established site with made up ashphalt roads and hardstandings but very much another with virgin parkland where many heavy generators need to be hauled in not to mention trucking marquees in with many other issues such as supermarket etc not to mention the sanitation side of things where large metal sanitation tanks have to be deployed throughout the site plus pumping these out each day. Goodness knows what the state of the place would have been when 2300 outfits turned up!
However I do agree with one post, Having looked at this site via google earth and my own participant rally site pitching plans I think the club organisers bit off a bit more than they could chew in respect of the terrain at this location and the recent rainfall has maybe pushed a difficult site into the impossible. I notice next years venue will be at Belvior Castle, last time we went there it was a mud bath!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've attended a few C&CC rallies on the deer park at Eastnor Castle although nothing on the scale of a National Rally.
I doubt if there would have been much of a problem with the haulage of generators, toilets, marquees etc because there are tarmac maintenance roads running through and around various parts of the site, which often hosts rock concerts, firework festivals and other fairly major events.
There are some reasonably level and gently sloping pitching areas on the deer park but most of these are surrounded by hilly terrain forming a sort of giant bowl, so my guess is that some of the fishing pools have burst their banks and waterlogged the flatter areas which would be made worse by water running down from the hills.
It might dry out but if it remains boggy the CC could have a lot of disgruntled members on it's hands, so one can hardly blame them for taking care of their members best interests.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It is widely advertised around here that they are having a jubilee celebration at Eastnor Castle over the Bank holiday weekend.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Rallies like this take weeks and weeks of preperation, the decision was made to cancel as they couldnt get the lorries on site with all the equipment approx 6 weeks ago

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts