Caravan Club pitch availability

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
On the Caravan Club site you can pick a date and then get a list of available pitches for that date range. I've just tried for just one Saturday in March and it looks like I need to travel quite a way to find a pitch that's available.

Not been away in our van yet and was hoping for a site near to us in West Sussex just to try things out overnight but looks like I will need to look outside of the club. :(

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
HI ricky, yes CC an be a bit of a pain, try this website, quite easy to use and you dont have to register. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Hutch.

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
HI ricky, yes CC an be a bit of a pain, try this website, quite easy to use and you dont have to register. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Hutch.

Thanks Hutch, I've been on that site but as this is the first time SWMBO has been away in a caravan I wanted to make sure it would be a good one and from my experience many years ago their sites are consistently good.

Will have a look on there though. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If you use the filters, ie, showers, ehu, hardstandings , open all year etc, you can normally find something. I registered and save the ones that I like into favorites.The C&Cc are not quite as strict, but depends on the site and wardens. Good luck.
Hutch

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Can you take a day or two off work during the week when there is generally lots of availability, or failing that go to work from the caravan site? I've done it before on a site that was in walking distance from work and the wife used the car to spend the day at home and do her normal stuff, spending the night in the van to check it out. ;)

Edit - We even had a fully serviced pitch for the 3 nights to make life easier.

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Can you take a day or two off work during the week when there is generally lots of availability, or failing that go to work from the caravan site? I've done it before on a site that was in walking distance from work and the wife used the car to spend the day at home and do her normal stuff, spending the night in the van to check it out. ;)

I'm a freelance IT Consultant so I could go any time I wanted, SWMBO on the other hand is a manager in the NHS so weekends only for her. I'm going to the odd week day trip in the summer to relax a bit. ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't know how far you are from this place, I have stayed here away from the lake and it was really nice., Great little pub just outside of the site.
http://www.sumnersponds.co.uk
Hutch

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Don't know how far you are from this place, I have stayed here away from the lake and it was really nice., Great little pub just outside of the site.
http://www.sumnersponds.co.uk
Hutch

I think I've been there before about 10 years ago when I had my last van.

We are in Angmering so not too far away.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ricky
Don't forget the Caravan Sitefinder on this website, Click Here
Sitefinder also has reviews from Practical Caravan readers and you can filter your requirements to find a site with the things that you like.

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Parksy said:
Hi Ricky
Don't forget the Caravan Sitefinder on this website, Click Here
Sitefinder also has reviews from Practical Caravan readers and you can filter your requirements to find a site with the things that you like.

Thanks Parksy, will have a look.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Another one to check out, I was going to stay here, when visiting my Nephew in Storrington. Its at Washington roundabout on the A24.
http://www.washcamp.com.
And thats my last one, apart from,!!!!! :S

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We use lots of CLs to save some money !! Have a look at 'Gatewick Farm CL site' BN44 3SF . Possibly 3o minutes from you , shower block and toilets . :)

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
we always found the club booking sites a waste of time, as soon as it opens for booking most regular sites get book up fast, as some regulars book every available pitch for every weekend just in case knowing most of them would not be used. ring the site directly once you find one,or use CL's there are loads of independant sites that don't take multiple booking,
we used to tour round for weeks and never booked anywhere just rang the site the day before, we kept a little book of all the good ones and found some little gems we continued to use.
if your only testing the van where it is parked is more important than the site surrounding just make it local as it will be close enough to *** home for all the things you forgot to pack.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you, Colin, a lot of people block book weekends, and dont turn up, Its been so long since using the main Club sites, I dont know if you have to pay a non refundable deposit. As you say if touring have a selection of your favorite ones and ring ahead a day or so.
Hutch.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Didn't realise you were a plane spotter Craig, thought you had a real life :pinch:
Hutch.

Just keeping up to speed with things in between house work Hutch etc :unsure: but like the rest say stay close incase you forget anything

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not a lemming and MUST go to a site where everybody else wants to go at the same time. God, it must be noisy and crowded. :evil: :whistle: We like peaceful relaxing sites.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
I'm glad I'm not a lemming and MUST go to a site where everybody else wants to go at the same time. God, it must be noisy and crowded. :evil: :whistle: We like peaceful relaxing sites.

With you there 100% unless we have to use up CC vouchers we only ever use CL's and CS's never club sites or commercial sites. We like to stay as basic as possible with as few facilities as possible. There's £250 of vouchers sat in the draw and I can't see us using them this year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts