Caravan Club sites CHESTER FAIROAKS & LOW PARK WOOD

May 15, 2005
Visit site
hi there, just wondering what the two above cc sites are like. Chester Fairoaks nr Chester and Low Park Wood , Kendal, any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a look at Cheshire Fairoaks the other day - typically well kept and compact. Near to motorway, but not too much noise. Very close to Zoo, outlet mall and blue planet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have stopped on the site at Chester Fairoaks on several occasions,and it is up to the usual Club standards.Although it is near to the motorways,the traffic noise is not intrusive.From the site you can drive to a Park and Ride beside the zoo.This saves any hassle in Chester....to park there is not easy.You are within walking distance of a huge outlet village which is a must for female retail therapy!!! Hope this helps you to make up your mind.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

We stayed at Low Park Wood for a week last year. Unfortunately it wasn't one of our better experiences which resulted in a letter to the CC. In all fairness the site itself is very nice, in a lovely location, and with some very nice pitches. The problems that we found were as follows:

The site is a one way affair through the woods with lots of one way avenues going off which you can't see unless you drive or walk down them. When we arrived it was very busy with only a few pitches available, but the wardens didn't know which ones as people were coming and going all the time. We had to drive through the site 3 time before we found a suitable pitch, so each time we had to drive off the site and get the warden to open the barrier for us to come on again. There was no where to pull up in order to walk around, so in the end I had to stop on someone else's pitch and my wife had to run around all the avenues and then stand on a pitch while I drove off and back on again in order to get to it.

There are a lot of lovely pitches in full sun, spacious and not under the dreaded lime trees. But these were all taken by seasonal users, so mostly had unoccupied caravans on them. All the vacant ones were small dark and dingy pitches and under the trees.

We ended up parking up an avenue, under a lime tree, with about six other occupied 'vans. Not too bad other than the whole avenue was just gravel and hard soil, so looked like a car park. But the next day, we arrived on a bank holiday Sunday, most of the other people left, leaving their seasonal caravans behind. So we ended up on our own at the end of this avenue of unoccupied caravans. Then the weather turned a bit grim for a few days and we were on a cold dark depressing pitch. When the sun did shine the parked up caravans were all in the sunshine, with no-one in them. We were in thick clothing with the heater on feeling quite depressed.

Now this is obviously only going to be a problem on busy weekends, but it's a shame that the seasonal unoccupied caravans are taking up all the best pitches. We won't be going there again. It took several washes to get the sap from the lime trees off the awning.

We stayed at Fairoaks several years ago and found it to be a very nice site.

May 15, 2005
Visit site
cheers! for your comments so far i'm sure this will help, the reason for chesire fairoaks is we like Chester Zoo. my wife loves cheshire oaks shopping outlet and I love Manchester Airport viewing park. is there any other parks within this region that you can recommend say within 30 - 45 mins drive of the above. Also I am still quite new to caravanning and I have not stayed at a cc site yet normaly choose other 4 and 5 star sites, what are cc sites like?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
cheers! for your comments so far i'm sure this will help, the reason for chesire fairoaks is we like Chester Zoo. my wife loves cheshire oaks shopping outlet and I love Manchester Airport viewing park. is there any other parks within this region that you can recommend say within 30 - 45 mins drive of the above. Also I am still quite new to caravanning and I have not stayed at a cc site yet normaly choose other 4 and 5 star sites, what are cc sites like?
We stayed at http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/cheshire/manorwood.htm

a very good site about 10 miles from Chester, brand new to the area. I recommend this place to you.

Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi andrew

have you tried west kirby c.c.site non members welcome its a loverly site overlooking the river dee across to wales ,you also have wirral country park with miles of safe cycle riding for young chidren, although we only live down the road we often take our grandchildren there ,its about 8miles further down the motorway from cheshire oaks.hope you have a great time at fairoaks regards sarah jones

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

We would recommend Manor Wood CountryCaravan Park. This is a new site developed over the last year on a farm about 10 miles from Chester. It is in the middle of lovely countryside with views to the Welsh hills. The friendly owners Nigel and Angela Dutton who are very helpful and obliging have developed the site with a fishng lake, outdoor swimming pool and tennis court.

Originally they just had a Caravan Club CL site behind their farmhouse and this is, also, a lovely place to stay. We store our caravan in their storage area and stay on the both sites on a regular basis.

Their website is www.cheshire-caravan-sites.co.uk. Please feel free to mention our names.

Regards

Tim and Cary Irwin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts