caravan club

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi, we have been caravanning for 4 years, and have never been members of either C.c., or C & c.c. We were wondering which, if any, would be best to join. We live in East Yorkshire, and there doesn't appear to be many sites for either club in this area. We use our van on weekends, as well as two or three full weeks a year. We don't mind travelling further afield for a full week, but for a weekend, we need to be fairly close to home, maybe within an hours drive, or less, from as by the time we have got home from work on a Friday afternoon, picked the van up from storage, and set off, it can be quite late by the time we arrive on site.

Thanks in anticipation for any advice,

Cheers, Roy.

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
We joined both Roy, it isn't very expensive and you have the best of both worlds.

The 3Cs covers camping as well but also have the Big sites book that covers all the commercial sites as well as their own great sites. That's the book we use the most.

I would not be without either though.

G

Caravan club site at Rosedale abbey is worth the membership fee and cant be far from you.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i am a member of the cc and was considering the ccc aswell just for more choice. dont forget you have the CL's and the CS'S aswell. i dont think the cc is expensive compared to most commercial sites.

you dont pay extra for dogs or awnings.

if you know anyone who is a member say they recommended you then they get a

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello roy

we are in both, we live in west yorks, but do tend to go to cumbria, or scotland, but there are sites within an hour or 2 of us that are worth a visit. see if you can get a copy of the site guides from someone you know, or maybe next time you are away see if your neighbour has their copy with them in the van, we always take ours. ED

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hello Roy,

We're Caravan Club members and last year joined the C&CC to give us more choice of sites for a holiday touring Scotland for several weeks.

We particularly wanted to break our long journey north with a night stop at the C&CC site at Moffat, but when we phoned, we were told they do not take one-nighters.

Our next C&CC site was for a week at their Rosemarkie site - clean and well run, BUT we were woken from 4.30 onwards each morning by strimmers and grass cutting machinery used by the golf club adjoining the site. The wardens spoke to them, but the noise continued very early each morning and really spoilt our stay there. So our first encounter with the C&CC was not good and we have not renewed our membership because of this, but will continue with the Caravan Club and their excellent sites and CL's.

G

Sorry to hear you did not have a good start with the C&CC. As far as I was aware the one night block rule only applied to weekends and holidays, not weekdays, but it may have changed recently. The grass cutting pain you experienced was disappointing but as you mentioned it was not actually the Club that was the cause. You may get similar 'irritations' in late summer when the combine harversters work all night. Part and parcel of the country I suppose.

So far this year we have used only the C&CC as the CC is plagued by the weekend 'full up' problem. I have found weekends easy to get with C&CC, but of course it is 2 nights minimum. I also like the Age Concession deal.

Hopefully, you will have a better experience in the future.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to hear you did not have a good start with the C&CC. As far as I was aware the one night block rule only applied to weekends and holidays, not weekdays, but it may have changed recently. The grass cutting pain you experienced was disappointing but as you mentioned it was not actually the Club that was the cause. You may get similar 'irritations' in late summer when the combine harversters work all night. Part and parcel of the country I suppose.

So far this year we have used only the C&CC as the CC is plagued by the weekend 'full up' problem. I have found weekends easy to get with C&CC, but of course it is 2 nights minimum. I also like the Age Concession deal.

Hopefully, you will have a better experience in the future.
Thanks for all your replies, we are going to do a bit more research, and perhaps try to borrow a members book so that we can have a look at what is available close to us, and then think about joining one or the other, or both. Cheers to you all, Roy.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
i think they are both really great clubs. Its nice to know you are getting nice facilities. Bottom line for us. Love a nice morning shower! lots good sites in Scotland CCC, so join!

If I am really and truly tired and relaxed I dont get disturbed by grass cutters, people having a morning chat etc as it is `non-threatening` noise.

Better than road traffic, road works or drunken people feeling cross.........

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Roy i have used the CC site at Hawes a few times, bit out of the road but brilliant site,nice and quiet and a 5 minute walk into Hawes for a drink/meal good dog walk and loads of walks .staff very good also .

cheers Duggie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts