Caravan Covers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just purchased the Bailey 5 series - Provence and for the first time are considering buying a caravan cover. It appears that there are numerous covers on the market, Protec, Purple Line etc, to name but two. If anyone has had experience -good or bad of the new style breathable covers - fitting, any dmage to windows etc - it would be very much appreciated if you could share your experience with us given that they are not a cheap item and we would also not want to damage the caravan either. Sincere thanks in anticipation - Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I thought about it for our New Avondale last year, then i looked around the storage site and soon realised that only one in 500 caravans had a cover. I also contacted Avondale and they wouldn'trecommend any make but said that any damage a cover caused would invalidate the warranty! Constant rubbing by straps and over windows is the big problem. the other is sweating underneath the cover apparently ! some will recommend them but i chose to use elbow grease ona frequent basis !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I thought about one for my Arizona that I bought new last year. I contacted Bailey first and they would not recommend their use and suggested that it would invalidate their warranty if I went ahead. Be careful, at least until the warranty has expired.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys further food for thought- very much appreciated. Just as an after comment, I have just spoken with bailey direct and they have advised me over the phone and also by Email, that there is only 1 cover they currently recommend at that is the one that is manufacturd by Purple Line. This one I have been advised has an inner soft lining to prevent damage to the windows, is a breathable material which allows water and damp to evaporate out, and keeps 98% of dirt and other air borne polutants from entering. Apparently it is the only one that Bailey, themselves endorse and it would not invalidate our warranty. Ironically have just found the add in P. Caravan Mag which also states "as recommended by Bailey". Will followup and check it out . thanks again for your time and comments. PETE -

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts