caravan curtains

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone suggest or point me in the right direction to acquire new caravan curtains.Our current ones are fading and wearing and the poppers are brittle.I live in S.Wales any help would be appreciated.

G

Why not pick a material you like and get a local dressmaker to make themm up for you. Or any business that does alterations wil be able to make copies from your originals.

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
hi taffy

its just a suggestion if the curtains are in good nick a friend of mine bought dye and dyed his curtains they came up like new changed the look of the van completly

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi taffy - I live in S Wales also and when I refurbed an old van I bought new material, new poppers and new track. We made up the cutains and stitched the new poppers with a domestic sewing machine. It worked out very well. The track and poppers took some finding but we eventually found them at a caravan dealers locally. - John

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi taffy - I live in S Wales also and when I refurbed an old van I bought new material, new poppers and new track. We made up the cutains and stitched the new poppers with a domestic sewing machine. It worked out very well. The track and poppers took some finding but we eventually found them at a caravan dealers locally. - John
Thks for info John you wouldn't remember where you bought the poppers.The track is fine but as I remarked curtains fading and poppers brittle will source material that no prob.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thks for info John you wouldn't remember where you bought the poppers.The track is fine but as I remarked curtains fading and poppers brittle will source material that no prob.
Hi Taffy - I think that we eventually got the poppers from The Caravan Hospital at Cowbridge 01446 774747. I still have about 6 yards if that is of any use - yours for a fiver! - John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Taffy - I think that we eventually got the poppers from The Caravan Hospital at Cowbridge 01446 774747. I still have about 6 yards if that is of any use - yours for a fiver! - John

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest you buy new tract and glidders, I have a new 2009 Swift and have tried unsuccessfully to try and get some extra glidders to fit the existing system to no avail. Even Swift sent me on a wild goose trail. It seems the ones they fitted are out of stock already and the dealers aren't interested.

Re curtains, Wilkinsons have a good selection of 'made up ones', if you know your sizes, and can get some one to sew them, you could get what they have to offer, it might work out cheaper in the long run

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest you buy new tract and glidders, I have a new 2009 Swift and have tried unsuccessfully to try and get some extra glidders to fit the existing system to no avail. Even Swift sent me on a wild goose trail. It seems the ones they fitted are out of stock already and the dealers aren't interested.

Re curtains, Wilkinsons have a good selection of 'made up ones', if you know your sizes, and can get some one to sew them, you could get what they have to offer, it might work out cheaper in the long run

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site

I'm not going to replace the track nothing wrong with that....but your idea about curtains from wilkies a good one thats what I kie about this forum put a question on it and the answers always come up trumps thks again

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
John thks for the info will take up up on the offer but how do I contact you?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
FAO THE MODERATOR

Hi Taffy - I believe that the moderator does not allow personal data to be published so perhaps the moderator would be good enough, as a result of this email, send you my address and/or mobile number which is in my profile - John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts