Caravan Cushions

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Help! We always bring our cushions home from our caravan to store them for the winter. Everything has always been fine, until the winter passed. I went to get them all out in March to discover that the dehumidifier had spilt onto two cushions and they were damp. I thought I had nothing better to do than dry them out. Ah! here lies my problem........they wont dry out and they have a strange dry oil touch to them.

Has anyone had this problem? Do you have any ideas if it can be fixed? or will I have to get two new cushions? We have had the van from new but its now 7 year old and its an Ace.

Would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi Shoegal,

I've not had this happen to me as such but I would hazard a guess that water that condenses on the internal condenser coils of the dehumidifier may be contaminated as the coils are soldered with lead and the oily residue will be from that. You could maybe search for a local upholstery cleaner that could potentially use a dry cleaning solvent and steam to break down the substance?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When we spilt black current juice on our cushions we used one of those carpet cleaners that shoots warm water and detergent in and then sucks it back out again. The machine came with an upholstery attachment.
It worked for us but I can't promise it won't make it worse!
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts