Caravan database websites listing MPTLM

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Hello looking for a new caravan but im am restricted to around 1350 MPTLM due to limitation on my VW caddy maxi
and was trying to find a site that i could look up caravans of different years and makes to be able to see quickly which vans i can look into ??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Stewart,

Unfortunately I don't think there is an public accessible fully comprehensive list of all caravan models, years and makes that has all the necessary bit of information your looking for. certainly not sorted by MTPLM.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum.

It’s annoying that many sales sites such as Autotrader etc do not automatically list MTPLM and you have to contact the dealership. It’s such a basic aspect of caravan purchasing too.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Caravan Finder web site is your best bet. You’ll have to trawl through the adverts but most list the MTPLM (not all are correct though!)

Reactions: Mel
Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
Hello looking for a new caravan but im am restricted to around 1350 MPTLM due to limitation on my VW caddy maxi
and was trying to find a site that i could look up caravans of different years and makes to be able to see quickly which vans i can look into ??

As far as I know there isn't a database with the info you're looking for.

The weight you are looking for is quite low so restrict your search to smaller caravans. When you see something you like google the model for specifications. There's not really a shortcut unfortunately.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I don’t know your budget but Sprites tend to be well fitted and are popular without being overly heavy.
There's quite a few falling under 1350kgs, I had an idle 15 minutes looking through Caravan Finder earlier and was surprised just how many new family caravans are within scope. We're on our second Sprite and while they're lighter than some, Swift have started to up the spec of them which has caused them to put a bit of weight on! Earlier variants are certainly a bit more lean on the scales.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Not an electronic database but the paper copy of Practical caravan used to list all current new vans and include their MPTLM. It used to be towards the back of every magazine. Must confess that I haven’t bought a copy for a while 😊. Do they still do this?
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The options suggested are a start. but they only list those that are available for sale, it doesn't include all makes and models.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Caravan Finder lists caravans for sale and that includes brand new and second hand caravans so it is probably the best source of information. If it is not for sale I am unsure how one would purchase the goods?

Reactions: GaryB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The options suggested are a start. but they only list those that are available for sale, it doesn't include all makes and models.
I guess the OP could look at manufacturers brochures online. But we don’t know the budget for purchase. If it’s an older van then it’s just a case of methodically building up the information from the various sources.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The OP says new . Thus all the suggestions so far cover all the makes and models available as far as I can see. Mel is correct. PCv publish monthly full weight details of new caravans currently available.
What have we missed🤔

Reactions: Buckman
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The magazine includes details of the MTPLM amongst other weights plus sizes, layouts and number of births for all UK models and Adria each month. As the 2024 models are about to come in the list does not include them though and shows only 2023 ones at present.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The OP says new . Thus all the suggestions so far cover all the makes and models available as far as I can see. Mel is correct. PCv publish monthly full weight details of new caravans currently available.
What have we missed🤔
I think reading #1 “new” in this case is “another caravan” , as he refers to looking at different years models. Hence why I asked what the budget is.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think best course of action is to check Caravanfinder and also PCv, find the caravans within the MTPLM and then look for those bran new caravans to see if they are within the MTPLM. At least it is a starter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What have we missed🤔
see OC's comment in #19

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
... If it is not for sale I am unsure how one would purchase the goods?
I got the impression the OP was looking for a fully comprehensive list, so he could identify a model to look out for one in the future even if one wasn't currently for sale.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts