Caravan draught skirt and escaping dogs.

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have just purchased a Sunncamp Swift Porch Awning about 2m*2m that comes with the draught skirts. I have a slight problem as I have a couple of Sussex spaniels that are low and strong and if I leave the caravan door open so that they can sleep in the awning they can easily push their way through the corner gaps. I was wondering if anyone knows of any commercial product or non-commercial idea to prevent this. I thought that a 18" high plastic X fence may doo the trick.

Ideas please.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
when not using the awning I have two puppy pens that join together and i put them up with three panels cut in half along the edge of the van. I stake the pens out for extra rigidity. keeps our poodle in nicely and something like that could be errected in the awning.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep, try training them. LOL!

One of my dogs wouldn't dream of trying to escape, the other one is very different.

I wouldn't use any type of plastic fence etc as my older ***** would simply jump it if she wanted too.

Normal awning - So, I dog is on the loose in the awning, and the other is on a chain attached to a tie out stake or corner steady. (That's if we are in the van with the door open and not sitting in the awning with them). They are shut in their cages in the awning at night, I'd never leave them out of their cages overnight for various reasons.

Porch awning - We use a porch awning too, I put one crate on top of the other, the younger dog simply jumps into his highrise accommodation. LOL! I wouldn't have either of the dogs on the loose in the porch awning, too small and to easy to escape from.

Good luck.

Lisa

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Sorry people, wouldn't dare leave dogs overnight in awning, not even in crates (which are one of the best things anyone thought of, would not be without mine) but there are too many dogs being stolen these days especially gundog breeds.

When you are around I think the plastic fence sounds a good option.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts