caravan inbuilt Battery charger

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
I have fitted a new leisure Battery. Does the inbuilt battery charger switch light come on when operated even if the battery is fully charged? Or only when it starts to charge the battery? (Wh I operate said switch the light in the switch does not come on)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I agree, normal to stay on, even if it is not in charging mode, it is supplying power for the lights and sockets. If a voltmeter is fitted, watch its reaction as the power is turned on. It would normally jump up a little, particularly if the battery was run down a bit in advance. eg. battery showing 12volt. Turn the power on, expect around 14.

John

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
I agree, normal to stay on, even if it is not in charging mode, it is supplying power for the lights and sockets. If a voltmeter is fitted, watch its reaction as the power is turned on. It would normally jump up a little, particularly if the battery was run down a bit in advance. eg. battery showing 12volt. Turn the power on, expect around 14.

John
thanks will check for movement on the meter I think it is just Red yellow green segments on meter but I would still expect to see needle flicker slightly

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone suggest where i might be able to get anew switch for the charger on the control panel its a pms2000GL electrical system

Assuming this is your unit
1666973776072.png

Have you tried the manufacturer Plug In Systems Ltd The phone number os at the top of the unit.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The switch is a standard unit available from any electronics component supplier. However it will mean disassembly of the entire unit to gain access to it, and unless you are competent and really know what you are doing best leave it to someone who does - and it doesn't need to be a caravan electrician, anyone electrically competent in this area will do.

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
The switch is a standard unit available from any electronics component supplier. However it will mean disassembly of the entire unit to gain access to it, and unless you are competent and really know what you are doing best leave it to someone who does - and it doesn't need to be a caravan electrician, anyone electrically competent in this area will do.
It looks like it is similar to a old fashion car dash switch that if you put a small flat screwdriver under the edge it should pop out??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts