Caravan insurance if stored France

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
With the coming of another grandchild we are having to alter our plans for next year and it looks as though we will be spending two holidays in the south of France separated bv only six weeks and it has occurred to me it would save us large ferry costs and time if we could leave the caravan in storage in Francefor those six weeks.

However, our Caravan Club insurance does not cover this and I wondered what kind of insurance do the storage sites offer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Feb 20, 2007
Visit site
hi, I store just over the border in spain and the storage is inclusive of insurance against theft damage etc and costs similar to here.recently had a claim for some minor storm damage settled amicably . they are CARAVANINN and have a website .Cant help with south of france ,but guess similar can be found.

best of luck ray b

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
hi, I store just over the border in spain and the storage is inclusive of insurance against theft damage etc and costs similar to here.recently had a claim for some minor storm damage settled amicably . they are CARAVANINN and have a website .Cant help with south of france ,but guess similar can be found.

best of luck ray b
Thank you for your information. Although we would prefer Perpignan area I have looked at Caravaninn and will get a quote.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Caravan Club has a list of storage sites http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/nr/rdonlyres/be7738f2-7a91-4f1e-aacf-fe9130638ea5/0/frenchcaravanstoragefacilities.pdf and they recommend insuring through Kay Drewe Insurance of 14 Load Street, Bewdley, Worcestershire, DY12 2AE (telephone 01299 401663). There don't appear to be any sites on the Caravan Club list in the area you're looking at, but I know from other forums that other contributors store their caravans in the Perpignan area.

G

Yes, I know a lot of people leave their vans in that area and they are removed from the site and kept at a storage area nearby, then delieverd back again in time for your return. At the large site at Canet we witnessed this happening. However, I feel that if you really love your 'pride and joy' it is best if you are well away from the site before they come to collect your van to take it to storage. We watched the Bailey on the next pitch being collected by a 4x4 vehicle. As the pitches have hedges to the road edge, the driver tried to cut the corner and nearly put the van into the hedge. It would have been simpler to pull the van on to the road before connecting it up, but this was evidently not in his plan. He kept reversing back and forward until he could drive out of the pitch. He did not mark the van, but it was close and therefore best not to be seen by concerned owners.

However, talking with some owners, they were all happy so maybe we just saw the 'Saturday temporary driver' in action. However, as my wife keeps telling me, it is only a b....y carvan, not the end of the world. Use, and enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts