Caravan insurance

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
We have had a new caravan since 28th August 2007 and have been looking around for insurance. The caravan club was well over the top in price. Saga was a good price and also Norwich Union both quote around £295 the caravan club insurance was £341.70p for less cover. Whats going on i have al-ko hitch locks wheel clamps alarms and the caravan is chained to the deck at home in 4 places.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
I had a phone call today from our caravan insurance company (Caravan Guard) telling me my insurance is due for renewal on 17th May 09 and that because our caravan will be five years old in September 09 they will no longer insure it new for old, they will insure it for it's current value and the premiums will be slightly lower.

I had a look on the Camping & Caravaning Club website at their insurance and have now insured our van with them for a cheaper premium for the same level of cover except they cover your caravan new for old up to ten years old providing you insure your van with them before your van reaches five years old.

I will be on the phone tomorrow to Caravan Guard to say I will not be renewing my insurance with them. Their Loss.

Regards

Graham (Ponty)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts