Caravan LED Lights Problem

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I tow with a 2017 Ssangyong Korando and have just changed vans from a 2017 Sprite Major 4 to the 2018 model. The difference between the vans are the later model has LED lights. The problem I get is when I indicate the caravan fog lights also flash but are dimmed.
I have temporary got around this by putting red tape over the fog light cluster.
I spoke to Sargent Electrical who suggest fitting a VLM6 which is basically a replacement road light fuse board with an inbuilt fan (£92). I’ve ordered one. Sargent say that it is a common problem with certain cars.
Has anyone else had this issue?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Common issue. Get in touch with Sargent who will supply you with a VLM or vehicle lighting module. It is vehicle specific so you will need full car details. Cost 40 quid. Easy diy job.

Had to get one for the Shogun.

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
Thanks, I did speak to Sargent but they didn’t have the appropriate VLM4 for my car, however the latest VLM is the 6 which is a fix for all cars, comes at a price though £92.

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
Received my Sargent VLM6 today. Really simple to swap over, four screws, unplug the four connectors from the old unit, plug in the new unit and screw back in place.
I tested the system and everything works as it should. Although expensive at £92 it’s worth it knowing the lights and indicators work correctly.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
it is an easy install as far as the wiring is concerned. I found that where mine was to be mounted I had very little space to get my hands in and it would have been much simpler had the wires on the Sargent VLM been a bit longer. AT least that would have given me more mounting options.

I do think the dealers ought to make a point of mentioning this at purchase, its no use finding out (as we did) when we collected the caravan.

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
it is an easy install as far as the wiring is concerned. I found that where mine was to be mounted I had very little space to get my hands in and it would have been much simpler had the wires on the Sargent VLM been a bit longer. AT least that would have given me more mounting options.

I do think the dealers ought to make a point of mentioning this at purchase, its no use finding out (as we did) when we collected the caravan.
So what did you do to take delivery of the van?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts