Caravan length

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
Please, please can someone help me? I need to know the external length of my van, without the A frame. Where do I measure from and to? I've measured from the back to where the A frame meets the outside of the van below the centre window and make it 7.3m but understand that it can't be more than 7m to be legal. It's a Fleetwood Heritage 640es 2007 so don't think they were made to an illegal length. I'm sure someone here can give me the right answer. Thanks in anticipation.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The correct figure for legal towing is the body length. I found a review at https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/caravans/reviews/caravans/details/fleetwood-heritage-640-cb/898646
which shows the internal figure as 6.37, which would mean an external body of less than 7 meters. The design makes the body length unclear, as the front fairing goes well forward of this, but this should not be counted as the body. Bearing in mind the model ran for several years without problem then the length shoud be legal.

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
The correct figure for legal towing is the body length. I found a review at https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/caravans/reviews/caravans/details/fleetwood-heritage-640-cb/898646
which shows the internal figure as 6.37, which would mean an external body of less than 7 meters. The design makes the body length unclear, as the front fairing goes well forward of this, but this should not be counted as the body. Bearing in mind the model ran for several years without problem then the length shoud be legal.
Thank you. I couldn't understand why it measured over 7m when measuring from back to tip of gas locker, which would be the fairing I guess, when the legal max length is 7m. So if I measured to the front corner, before it starts the 'bow' shape on the front I should be about right?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
My understanding is that body length is measured from the frontmost point of the awning rail to the rearmost point of the caravan (excluding the rear lamps, if these extend beyond that point).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts