Caravan List Prices

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a web site that I can get the LIST price of new caravans, particularly Abbey. All the web sites that I have looked at give discounted prices and the Swift site doesn't seem to give any prices at all.

I need this if I am to insure my caravan on a 'new for old' basis. As I understand it I have to value my current van as though it was brand new and not the 2 years old that it is. It seems a bit of a con really and I may bite the bullet and just insure it a 'market value' - whatever that is.

This is also a mine field. If you over insure it to be on the safe side then you won't get a settlement based on this figure and if you under insure it the insurers may not pay up at all. Heads you lose, tails you won't win !

Looking forward to a bit of help.

Regards

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Why not ring the nearest Swift/ Abbey dealers and ask their advice on current prices?

Practical Caravan magazine buyers guide also provides current list prices of most caravans commonly sold in the UK.

If you are insuring 'new for old' and you have to make a total loss claim which is honoured then your insurers would ask for quotes from dealers for a new like for like caravan and they would simply pay the dealer that amount.

This means that any discount on the price of a replacement caravan would be of benefit to the insurers and would not be paid to you so discounts or 'market values'are irrelevant.

Hope this helps

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
John,

The reason you cannot find the price of a new Abbey is because Swift no longer make Abbey Caravans.

However as Abbey and Swift models were virtually identical i would give Swift or you main Swift dealer a ring and ask them for the new price of an equivalent new Swift.

I presume that if the worst happened and your caravan was written off your insurer would either suggest the equivalent Swift replacement or the cash value of the equivalent replacement,

Hamer

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
http://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/caravans/swift
Use the above link and click on the range that is the same as your Abbey,

Aventura or vogue = carisma

GTS Vogue or GTS = Challanger

once you have selected the range go anong the top and click on price. These are the current retail prices

If you dont know the equivelent to your van, post it on hear and someone will know and post back.

Hope this helps

kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts