Breakdown and Recovery

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Mayday have come around again to check and fault code is P24F3-00 "Reductant tank temperature / fuel temperature correlation". No one seems to know what it means.

Internet states; Character "P" in the first position of Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) represents the powertrain system (engine and transmission), "2" in the second position means that this is a ISO/SAE controlled OBD-II (OBD2) DTC. "4" in the third character position in a DTC indicates that the auxiliary emission controls system is experiencing a malfunction. The last two characters "F3" is DTC number. OBD2 Diagnostic Trouble Code P24F3 means that Reductant Tank Temperature/Fuel Temperature Correlation has been detected.
That sounds like the Adblue tank heater has failed - usually expensive I'm afraid - Mayday technician should have known that.

Reactions: GUMPY
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Looking at our Mayday Premium policy on CAMC website, it states;

If you break down on your way to a site, or during your stay and your car can't be fixed we'll take you to your destination and back home again after your holiday

We are on site in Paignton and our next destination would be Christchurch, but Mayday have stated that if they take us to Christchurch they will not collect us from the site to take us home? If we cancel that site we are over £300 out of pocket.

Maybe I have misunderstood the wording, but hope someone can clarify? Thanks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

If you break down on your way to a site, or during your stay and your car can't be fixed we'll take you to your destination and back home again after your holiday

We are on site in Paignton and our next destination would be Christchurch, but Mayday have stated that if they take us to Christchurch they will not collect us from the site to take us home? If we cancel that site we are over £300 out of pocket.

Maybe you should start a new thread, As you have really drifted from Earth girls Motor mover one.

Moderators edit. Have moved all this to a new thread. Mel

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I would ring the CMHC direct to see what they say. It could be read that if you for example break down on a day out then they will return your car to your site that you are on IE your destination, before taking you home. But it doesn’t give what would happen to your car once home. Do they take it to a garage? Is your quote from the T and Cs or a higher level marketing blurb.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would ring the CMHC direct to see what they say. It could be read that if you for example break down on a day out then they will return your car to your site that you are on IE your destination, before taking you home. But it doesn’t give what would happen to your car once home. Do they take it to a garage? Is your quote from the T and Cs or a higher level marketing blurb.
Mayday are looking into the Dual recovery at present. If we cannot be taken to the next site, we can live with that. However when the Mayday gentleman checked on the hire car scenario, he could see a note about it, but it seems it was never actioned? He will be phoning me back.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Looked through the MayDay cover book, and it states if you breakdown "on route to a pre-booked site". A bit pedantic, but you are on the way to a pre booked site, so the double drop off and dual recovery might be covered.
I would try and " delay your next site, and hopefully get a voucher for another date. And get home.
Dual recovery covers van to one place and car to another , as long as it is within 75 miles from home.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
According to Mayday it is in reference to when you are out and about and breakdown. They will take you back to your destination and then home. It was just a query and I think it is best that we head home anyway. The caravan will go into storage and Jeep home.

Got an update while typing the post and we can get a rental this afternoon at 3pm. just a matter of getting from Ramslade at Stoke Gabriel to Newton Abbott so may try Uber or something. Unsure about catching bus and then train.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Is there a car hire place within a reasonable taxi ride? Is there Uber in them parts?
Hope you can get something sorted
Mel
You mention Uber. Have you used them in the past. Tried for a booking this afternoon, but nothing available? However I am unsure how it works and whether you can do advance bookings? If worst comes to worst, then bus and train from Stoke Gabriel to Newton Abbott to collect rental car.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You mention Uber. Have you used them in the past. Tried for a booking this afternoon, but nothing available? However I am unsure how it works and whether you can do advance bookings? If worst comes to worst, then bus and train from Stoke Gabriel to Newton Abbott to collect rental car.
Yes you can do uber advance bookings. Unlikely to be many Uber s where you are. In Bath or Bristol we can get uber to bring us home but not very convenient for taking us into cities.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Never tried an advance booking only on the spot; but they have been very good at that. Depends if Uber is operating where you are. A local taxi company might be a better bet if you are away from a major town.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
No luck with taxi in Paignton or Uber so it was bus and train so quite a novel experience for me. Got to the rental company and they gave me BB's old car, a 2023 VW Tiguan 5E15. Seems to have all the mod cons except the reverse camera. Quite a nice comfortable drive.

Reactions: Mel
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
I hope things have improved for you and that you can enjoy your time left of your holiday..whilst at Stoke Gabriel you may wish to check out "White hills camping and caravan park" I have been there several times and I have no negative comments to make at all about the sight...Good luck and safe travels ..Gary

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I hope things have improved for you and that you can enjoy your time left of your holiday..whilst at Stoke Gabriel you may wish to check out "White hills camping and caravan park" I have been there several times and I have no negative comments to make at all about the sight...Good luck and safe travels ..Gary
Thanks for your kind wishes. Whitehill is almost next door to the CAMC site and looks very nice. Last night on a whim we popped into the Castle Inn at Stoke Gabriel. A very nice pub and worth a visit even if one is a bit shocked at the prices charged for drinks, but then it is Devon so after one drink went home. :ROFLMAO:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your kind wishes. Whitehill is almost next door to the CAMC site and looks very nice. Last night on a whim we popped into the Castle Inn at Stoke Gabriel. A very nice pub and worth a visit even if one is a bit shocked at the prices charged for drinks, but then it is Devon so after one drink went home. :ROFLMAO:
It is not just Devon that prices have increased.
Thank goodness for D and D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts