Caravan Movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just ordered a new van and it has been decided by the Chief Fairy that we will have a motor mover fitted.

As I see it there are two on the market that drive the wheels of the van. There's the Truma and the Powerwheel.

Has anybody any views good or bad about either. I know the Powrwheel is white and slightly cheaper but is that it?

Any views would be welcome

May 12, 2005
Visit site
don`t ignore the reich mover, their back up is wonderful, reich uk swapped my control box(free of charge) for a recon box, after I had blown it up by incorrect wiring, thats what I call customer service, go into google with reich uk to contact

May 12, 2005
Visit site
don`t ignore the reich mover, their back up is wonderful, reich uk swapped my control box(free of charge) for a recon box, after I had blown it up by incorrect wiring, thats what I call customer service, go into google with reich uk to contact
that should have been `reich uk motor mover`

May 31, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought a new van with a truma fitted and have found it great. Truma used to be Carver and under the old name it had a bad reputation but it has been revamped and it appears that all the faults have been ironed out. My only compalint is that it would appear to be a little on the quick side on level ground.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Reich and Powrtouch also have soft start unlike the Truma.

I did see on another forum a link to http://www.rhyno.moonfruit.com/ They make and sell caravan movers. Had never heard of them before, but appear to look very similar to Powrtouch. Other than that know nothing about them.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We had a Truma fitted to our previous 'van. Worked well but you only get a 1 year guarantee. We elected to have a Powrtouch fitted to our new 'van and are delighted with it. It was cheaper than the Truma (fitted during the 1st week in June this year), but that wasn't the only reason we chose the Powrtouch. Powrtouch gives a 'no quibble' 5 YEAR guarantee!!! They will also make call outs if there should be a problem on site or home, I believe. They have a website so have a look for it via Google and check it out.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
I have a Reich which is very good as it moves very slowly at first to enable you to hitch up easily.I can position it over the ball hitch no problem.

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
I had a reich motor mover fitted by lowham leisure at huddersfield. They wanted to fit it in front of the wheels (so they did not have to move the spare wheel)I insisted it was fitted to the rear as reccommended by reich. Because of speed humps.

When fitted check the fitting carefully one side of mine was fitted 20m/m INTO the tyre instead of 20m/m clearance BEWARE !!

The same chap that told me to insist on rear fitting also recommemnded the reich as opposed to the carver that his brother had.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a reich motor mover fitted by lowham leisure at huddersfield. They wanted to fit it in front of the wheels (so they did not have to move the spare wheel)I insisted it was fitted to the rear as reccommended by reich. Because of speed humps.

When fitted check the fitting carefully one side of mine was fitted 20m/m INTO the tyre instead of 20m/m clearance BEWARE !!

The same chap that told me to insist on rear fitting also recommemnded the reich as opposed to the carver that his brother had.
I'm curious Terry. Why should a speed bump only effect the front of the wheel? Surely the same problem occurs to the rear of the wheel when it drops down the other side. Or do Reich think that speed bumps should be taken at high speed so that you take off at the top and thus clear the drop down side? :)

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
I'm curious Terry. Why should a speed bump only effect the front of the wheel? Surely the same problem occurs to the rear of the wheel when it drops down the other side. Or do Reich think that speed bumps should be taken at high speed so that you take off at the top and thus clear the drop down side? :)
When approaching a speed hump with m/m at the front its the first thing to hit the hump when its mounted at the rear the wheel lifts the van and m/m clear od the hump and by the time the wheel has gone down the other side of the hump the m/m is clear of the peak

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts