Caravan newbie needs tv advice

Apr 21, 2021
Visit site
I have just purchased a sprite major 4 sb and I'm new to caravanning. I want to bolt a tv to the wall instead of having it on the shelf. Any idea about weight limit of tv. 32 inch is 4.5 kg. Is this too heavy??

Thanks

Apr 21, 2021
Visit site
I have just purchased 2021 sprite major 4 sb. I want to mount 32 in tv to the wall by the door. What weight will a chipboard wall hold? The tv and bracket is 4.5 kg all in.The

thanks A

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just purchased 2021 sprite major 4 sb. I want to mount 32 in tv to the wall by the door. What weight will a chipboard wall hold? The tv and bracket is 4.5 kg all in.The

thanks A

There are no chipboard walls in caravans !
They are 3mm plywood .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

thanks A
Hopefully the TV will be removed when travelling. Where are you going to stroe it when it has been removed from the wall? IMHO a 32" TV is too big for a caravan.
Also remember that the sound may be poor as the speakers face rearwards and you may require a soundbar. We have a 28" LG in our caravan, but it is not mounted on the wall. It is on the chest of drawers in front between the front bunk seats.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would not fix this to the outside wall as this is normally wall board and the strength is not known. All brackets fitted by caravan makers that I have seen have been fitted to internal panels, which are usually wooden and have more strength. The limit will normally be the bracket makers figure provided the panel as decent internal strength. I would buy a bracket with a quick release system.
I would not travel with the TV hung on the wall though, if it moves it could smash the TV and cause instability.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have just purchased a sprite major 4 sb and I'm new to caravanning. I want to bolt a tv to the wall instead of having it on the shelf. Any idea about weight limit of tv. 32 inch is 4.5 kg. Is this too heavy??

Thanks
Hi if you brought a caravan from a dealer i am sure he would have some suggestion where the tv can be put and what is allowed ,

Reactions: Avvers75
Apr 21, 2021
Visit site
Hi if you brought a caravan from a dealer i am sure he would have some suggestion where the tv can be put and what is allowed ,
Thanks. I think I will ask them and if viable get them to do it. When travelling the TV will be wrapped up in the car as I wanted an easy release bracket for ease of travelling.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I think I will ask them and if viable get them to do it. When travelling the TV will be wrapped up in the car as I wanted an easy release bracket for ease of travelling.
We have our 28" in a bag which is then placed under the duvet on the island bed where it is quite secure. The Sony also resides there.

Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My tv never leaves the house and is probably switched on for about 5 hours a week, the total rubbish that is on tv makes me wonder why I have one at home and taking it away in the caravan is a definite no.

BP

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My tv never leaves the house and is probably switched on for about 5 hours a week, the total rubbish that is on tv makes me wonder why I have one at home and taking it away in the caravan is a definite no.

BP
Your choice but we enjoy watching TV in the caravan as we have choice of Sky, Prime, Netflix or Disney+. Some great documentaries on Sky and Disney+.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We bought a Samsung and do the same as above-wrapped up in bed-safe and sound! Only problem we had was me dropping it once when sliding it onto the quick release bracket-new tv needed! Oops. WE have a Samsung as you know with a decent main tv brand it'll be decent but it is 240 v only so if off piste we'd need an inverter. WE also have a samsung blu ray player and can use netflix et c via wifi -usually via the phone as a hotspot as it's more reliable than many a site wifi!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

BP
That your choice we also like watching Tv in our caravan my wife in NCIS and I like Bangers and Cash Thornton Le Dale

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are right off thread , the original poster want to know about screwing a TV mount into the wall of their caravan,
Pay attention,
Our Tv is 3.5 Kg too heavy and I would not screw into the walls.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We bought a Samsung and do the same as above-wrapped up in bed-safe and sound! Only problem we had was me dropping it once when sliding it onto the quick release bracket-new tv needed! Oops. WE have a Samsung as you know with a decent main tv brand it'll be decent but it is 240 v only so if off piste we'd need an inverter. WE also have a samsung blu ray player and can use netflix et c via wifi -usually via the phone as a hotspot as it's more reliable than many a site wifi!
Unlucky, it does show that whatever you do to get it right, there is a still a way for it to go wrong.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I have the same caravan (2018 version), personally I think that a 32" would be too big to go by the door - I have a 22" sat on that shelf and it fits nicely.

However, I think you can mount a TV on the wall board, but you would need to add reinforcement in the wardrobe. The higher spec Swift models with the same layout have a TV bracket in that place. Speak to your dealer to be safe though.

TRENDING THREADS