Caravan Oven

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, is it possible to replace the oven in caravans and is it costly my oven is useless, we have just been away for xmas and cooked gammon which should of taken 50 minutes and actually took 2 hours so I would like a more efficient one if its possible.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello again Debbie,

It may be worth having your dealer check it out, there may be a blockage that reduces its effectiveness.

I am not sure changing your oven is going to make a big difference. There are only a limited number of models to choose from, and most will be basically the same as what you already have.

If you do decide to change it, i must advise you that the removal or installation of a gas oven must be done by an a LPG competent fitter in compliance with the gas safety regulations.

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When I had a query about the oven, I rang the oven supplier ( in my case, Stoves I seem to recall,) and they were very keen to help. Make sure you have the model number etc to hand....

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Debbie

Even in good condition the caravan gas oven is inferior to your home turbo fan electric oven.

How high up in the oven was your gammon and what "regulo" number did you use?

I assume you would also have been on propane rather than butane as it's winter?

Cheers

Alan

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Debbie

That's fine. Maybe a quick chat with the oven manufacturer may help. Our oven is certainly slower than the one at home but not as slow as you have experienced.

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts