Caravan Questions

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I'm trying to conduct a little market research for a university project. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated:

1. Would you be confident in alternatives to carrying a spare wheel, i.e. run-flat tyres and sealant/inflator kits?
  • More/equally confident
  • Less confident but willing to use alternatives
  • Not confident enough to use alternatives

2. When loading up your caravan, do you leave capacity for passengers (under the MTPLM) or do you tend to overload it when passenger weight is included?

3. Would a stronger and more expensive caravan be more desirable, than a cheaper less well constructed caravan, if there was no visible difference between the two?

4. How much does weight influence your caravan choice (assuming you can tow it)?

• No influence
  • Considered but not a priority
  • Weight is the deciding factor
5. Would a lighter caravan with a higher price still encourage you to buy it?

• No
  • may be considered
  • Yes
6. Would you buy a second hand caravan instead of a brand new one? Any reasons why would be appreciated.

• no
  • maybe consider it
  • yes
  • already have
Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated and any extra feedback

Thank you

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
1. Would you be confident in alternatives to carrying a spare wheel, i.e. run-flat tyres and sealant/inflator kits? I WON'T BUY/USE A CAR OR CARAVAN THAT DOESN'T HAVE A FULL-SIZE SPARE WHEEL BUT DOESN'T NEED TO BE ALLOY

2. When loading up your caravan, do you leave capacity for passengers (under the MTPLM) or do you tend to overload it when passenger weight is included? CARAVANS AREN'T PERMITTED TO TAKE PASSENGERS SO DON'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION

3. Would a stronger and more expensive caravan be more desirable, than a cheaper less well constructed caravan, if there was no visible difference between the two? IT'S A VERY LIMITED MARKET FOR MORE EXPENSIVE CARAVANS

4. How much does weight influence your caravan choice (assuming you can tow it)?

• No influence
  • Considered but not a priorityYES

• No
  • may be considered YES
  • Yes
6. Would you buy a second hand caravan instead of a brand new one? Any reasons why would be appreciated.

• no
  • maybe consider it YES
  • yes
  • already have

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
QuestionMaster5m said:
Hi all, I'm trying to conduct a little market research for a university project. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated:

1. Would you be confident in alternatives to carrying a spare wheel, i.e. run-flat tyres and sealant/inflator kits?
  • More/equally confident
  • Not confident enough to use alternatives WE WOULD HAVE NO INTEREST IN CARAVAN IF IT DID NTO HAVE A SPARE WHEEL AS MOST CARAVAN PUNCTURES DESTROY THE TYRE!

2. When loading up your caravan, do you leave capacity for passengers (under the MTPLM) or do you tend to overload it when passenger weight is included? yOU CANNOT CARRY PASSENGERS IN A CARAVAN.

3. Would a stronger and more expensive caravan be more desirable, than a cheaper less well constructed caravan, if there was no visible difference between the two? BETTER CONSTRUCTION

• No influence
  • Weight is the deciding factor PAYLOAD IS DECIDING FACTOR

• No NO
  • may be considered
  • Yes

• no
  • maybe consider it
  • yes
  • already have ALREADY HAVE

Thank you

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
  • More/equally confident
  • Not confident enough to use alternatives :- Must have a spare wheel

When loading up your caravan, do you leave capacity for passengers
(under the MTPLM) or do you tend to overload it when passenger weight is
included? :- Not allowed

3. Would a stronger and more expensive caravan be more
desirable, than a cheaper less well constructed caravan, if there was
no visible difference between the two? :-Stronger

• No influence :- None

• No :- No
  • may be considered
  • Yes

• no
  • maybe consider it
  • yes
  • already have :- Van we own now is secondhand

Trevor

May 7, 2012
Visit site
1. No, a blow out would render the other alternatives useless.
2.The passengers weight has no bearing on the load as they are only in the caravan when it is stationary.
3. within reason.
4, Weight limits our choice but there are still plenty to choose from.
5. I doubt I wouldpay extra for a lighter caravan. Weight does equal additional fuel but probably not enough to make me look at a less desirable model.
6.We have bought new as we change the caravan infrequently and hopfully they will last for the time we want them. The last two have had an L shaped lounge as an extra and doubt we could find this in a second hand model.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
1) Spare wheel essential
2) Passengers don't go into the van while it's being towed
3) Of course it is, there are huge differences in build and weight.
4) None whatsoever
5) Have no reason to have a lighter van
6) Always have our vans new because we like to.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
QuestionMaster5m said:

• More/equally confident
  • Not confident enough to use alternatives
  • Nothing short of a proper spare wheel is acceptable

2. When loading up your caravan, do you leave capacity for passengers (under the MTPLM) or do you tend to overload it when passenger weight is included?
Passengers are not allowed inside caravan when being towed.
3. Would a stronger and more expensive caravan be more desirable, than a cheaper less well constructed caravan, if there was no visible difference between the two?
We already have three manufacturers offering better , stronger , construction at reasonable prices. We have longer water ingress guarantees some 10 years. Even a cheap caravan should be capable of remaing water proof for at least 6 years or more.

No influence
  • Not at all. Use a 4x4.

• No
  • may be considered
  • Yes

• no
  • maybe consider it
  • yes
  • already have
  • Have always bought new so we know the whole history

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS