Caravan route planner

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Help please! We are going down to Cardigan in West wales next week with the caravan and we are thinking of going through Welshpool. We are travelling from Manchester.Which route do we then take from there.I believe there is one way you should NOT take towing a caravan.Aso is there a route planner site specifically for when towing caravans. Thanks.

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
I live in Pembroke, and when travelling to northern England, I join the route you are suggesting at Newtown.

From Newtown you will head west to Aberystwyth, and then along the coast to Cardigan.

This is all a pretty good run. The Aber - Cardi road is a bit twisty and hilly, but not too bad.

Do NOT cut across to the coast further north - some sections of the coast road are a bit cramped for towing.

Oh, also be careful at Aber - make sure you go round the outside of town. You really don't want to make the mistake of taking a caravan into the centre!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The A494 through Ruthin and Bala is fine - very scenic.

Don't be tempted to "cut the corner" at Dolgellau by using the B road to get onto the A487 down to Macynlleth.

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for your help. We will cut across to Aberystwyth and then to Cardigan. We take the scenic route through Bala when we are not towing but didn't fancy it with a caravan on the back.

Margaret

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts