Caravan Security

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Two days ago a group of travellers moved onto a neaby warehouse site - (they simply dragged the concrete blocks ringing the site out of the way - Bless'em!).

Last night my caravan, which is kept on my drive, was damaged in an attempted break-in (obviously no connection between the two).

The alarm was set but did not go off as the perpetrators were spooked by something and did not enter the caravan - they may have seen the PIR.

Although nothing was taken, I now have to purchase a new Hartal doorlock. The door was simply levered open with a screwdriver, damaging the doorframe.

I suppose that even if it was possible to make the doors secure they would just break in at another point!

Makes you want to Taser the thieving t**rags.

Rant over......medication beginnig to kick in.

Ron.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Ron

Sorry to hear about your break in or attempted, My heart goes out to you as we all spend time and money on our pride and joy then some litte ************* comes along and damages/steals it. Think the Taser idea is a good one are you going to pattern the design you could be onto a money spinner, sure there would be few volunters to use their vans for testing!!

No seriously hope all goes well.

Di

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Di,

Thank you for your kind response, I've calmed down a bit now and no real harm was done (apart from to the caravan).

I've not made much progress with the Taser idea, even thought about the South African car defence system using flamethrowers but knowing my luck I would probably just end up with a melted caravan.

Anyway, these so called 'Travellers' will almost certainly have more civil rights than paedophiles, rapists and war criminals.

The 'Travellers' left today - the collective sigh of relief was tangible!

Regards,

Ron.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts