Caravan Showers

Is there such thing as an efficient caravan shower that can be bought and fitted to a van? Any ideas wehere I could buy something substantial not just a water-dribbler! Cheers, Chris :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris - the short answer must be yes. The shower in our '04 Caravelair Eden is almost as good as our domestic power shower, giving a good wet all over & and at a regular temperature. You must be able to buy shower pumps from an accessory shop or try www.towsure.co.uk. Most caravan components are made by the same companies, for pumps/water heaters it's normally Truma or Whale or Carver.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chris, There are three problems with having a powerful shower in a touring caravan, Firstly you have to bring lots of water to the caravan, then you have to heat enough of it so dose't go cold halfway through, then you have to get rid of the waste water. Instatntaneous heaters are not an option as there is not enough electrical power to do the job, and the limiting factor will be the regulator if you try to use gas. Caravan showers are a compromise, but certainly better than nothing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris, John has said most of it, but if you do get a powerful shower make sure that the sealing in the shower compartment is up to the job. Power showers use lots of water and you could end up with damp problems.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No. Nothing can compare to a good 8-10 minute (assuming there is no queue) rinse, lather and soak in a "proper" shower. No caravan shower can be as good as a power shower. Simple as that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
IMO a good shower is only good as the constant water pressure and temperature you can acheive - if you use a supply from a 40 Ltr. water carrier you will eventually run out of water and have a constant worry about the drain carier overflowing.

Far better not shower at all and dish nose pegs for visitors coming you.

there is no such thing as a perfect shower in a caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The best time to take a shower in a club block is 5 minutes after it has been cleaned - I then take pride in leaving it as perfect as I found it. Better than home!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris, go for a 921 pump about 13litres /min. Get a good showerhead we have found the one Bailey fits in its Senator Vermont to be the best. It has blue water outlets on it that you can rub to remove the chalky deposits others have small pinholes that you can't get a pin in! Use the gas and mains at the same time to keep up the temperature, this works well if you turn off while applying shampoo etc. I've never yet emptied a 40litre water carrier ro a 5 min shower.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts