caravan site with hoiliday home or cottage hire over xmas

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi fellow caravan lovers
I posted something like this a week or so ago. Thanks for reccomendations but still not managed to get much.

So i am know just looking for a nice site in the lake district that has touring pitches and additional accomodation over new year to accomadate the in laws. There is no way they are sleeping in my caravan!!!!!! I would put them in the awning, but over the new year i may kill them off with hyperthermia!!! any 1 got any ideas. if not in lake district then somewhere else.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
You will be very lucky to find one, We've wanted to spend the new year in the lakes for ages, Keswick area but trying to find a site with decent facilities that is open at that time of year is very hard, never mind additional accomodation.
If i was you i would be looking to rent a cottage but you might have left it late, try booking in january next year.
Happy hunting

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
I don't know if this is any good but there's a CL in Derbyshire and cottages aswell it's called Fairfield farm cottages , you should be able to google it. Have a look on uk campsites you can narrow searches down

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Upfront Gallery near Penrith, just north of the lakes, had everything you're looking for - a small caravan club CL site, static caravans, some holiday accommodation, a gallery, and Eco-lodges. (Though looking at the website tonight I can't see a mention of the caravan site aspect - they did have that option last time I looked). It's run by friends of a friend of mine and is a very nice place to stay. I'm not sure whether they're open at New Year, though, or whether (if they are) they might already be fully booked for all the rental accommodation. Another alternative, just a bit futher north, is the caravan site at Westmoreland Services at Tebay, where there is also a hotel for the in-laws.

TRENDING THREADS