Caravan Stability 2

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I just stopped by to let you know I am still around, thanks for your offer but I am into other things. Just by the way in my posts I made a comment regarding the uses of electronic devices in particular the ATC systems.. Recently two Boeing 737 Max aircraft have crashed killing all on board due to a malfunction of a critical computer system failure (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytfYyHmxtc) and felt I had to restate my comments to all those using and relying on these systems.
Warm regards
John

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Just slightly different... the anti-stall on the MAX 8's that crashed relied on the input from a single sensor, and had no back check/double check system, and that forced the aircraft to crash catastrophically.

ATC is an unseen aid, and if it fails it doesn't MAKE the driver crash the outfit.

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guzzilazz,
The ATC is also an unseen but known aid to snaking and has been known to apply the caravan brakes to both wheels and lock them up to the point of skidding even though it is supposed to be an on off application, most drivers will be aware what happens if you apply the handbrake to the rear wheels of a vehicle what will occur, also when passing heavy large vehicles that trigger the system and prevent the combination from getting clear ahead with no way of switching it off. Just so you know. I am a pilot too.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
JohnMW said:
Hi Guzzilazz,
The ATC is also an unseen but known aid to snaking and has been known to apply the caravan brakes to both wheels and lock them up to the point of skidding even though it is supposed to be an on off application, most drivers will be aware what happens if you apply the handbrake to the rear wheels of a vehicle what will occur, also when passing heavy large vehicles that trigger the system and prevent the combination from getting clear ahead with no way of switching it off. Just so you know. I am a pilot too.

John
The ATC is in fact an anti-snake device to be precise.
I've not read or heard of any correctly maintained ATC system locking both caravan wheels to the point of skidding on a properly serviced caravan on any caravan related internet forum.
If you have access to such information online please post a link for us to see for ourselves.
If the ATC system operates when passing heavy large vehicles it will be controlling the potential snake and possible collision that would prevent the combination from getting clear ahead shiny side up anyway.
You have commented quite a lot in the past about your unspecified invention and have now for some reason chosen to re-open the thread.
I think that it's only fair to warn you that the same old pointless arguments are not about to be re-visited on this forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts