Caravan storage Oldham, Rochdale area

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
i drive trains through oldham and i have seen what appears to be a caravan storage area just up the road from oldham mumps station, at the side of the railway line going up to derker. i can only see the tops of the vans so can not say if this place is any good or indeed secure. theire is also a very good and secure storage are in hyde although this would be a 20 minuite drive for you. its behind the snooker club on denton road. also not too far from you inbetween mossley and greenfield you will find a huge storage area was and may still be known as tameside caravans. i have only seen these sites from the railway but hyde and mossley do look very secure, cant comment on oldham as it is only just visible from the line.

May 23, 2005
Visit site
i drive trains through oldham and i have seen what appears to be a caravan storage area just up the road from oldham mumps station, at the side of the railway line going up to derker. i can only see the tops of the vans so can not say if this place is any good or indeed secure. theire is also a very good and secure storage are in hyde although this would be a 20 minuite drive for you. its behind the snooker club on denton road. also not too far from you inbetween mossley and greenfield you will find a huge storage area was and may still be known as tameside caravans. i have only seen these sites from the railway but hyde and mossley do look very secure, cant comment on oldham as it is only just visible from the line.
Thanks John. I am on the site at Hyde, but the access road is very poor and its expensive. Not sure where the one is at Mossley though.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
I can't really be much more spesific with its exact location as im not too sure of the area once off the railway but i see it as i go from stalybridge to mossley station, i think if you follow the road that runs at the side of the railway line from stalybridge to greenfield you should be able to the see the site as it is quite high up. it looks like there are hundreds of vans on it so the locals may be able to help. my parents used to store there van on a storage area which is on the marple side of werneth low right at the bottom of the hill, you get to it through romiley as werneth low is too steep, but from memory the access road to this site is also very poor. hope you find somewhere soon.

May 23, 2005
Visit site
After all this I had to store my caravan at the dealer I bought it from. Which is much better than driving over the terrible road to my present storage area. The storage site owner did promise that the road would be repaired, but now says he cant afford it ! 100 + vans at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts