caravan storage

May 11, 2008
Visit site
i live in bracknell and currently store my caravan in a storage site some 10 miles away but have been having a few problems eg getting the caravan into my slot and when i do not being able to get it out again.

the reason the owner if saying i am having problems is that my car it too long. the caravan is not fitted with a motor mover and he said i should get one fitted to save in trouble but at the moment i can not afford it as i have been out of work for 6 months.

the site is not that well organised as big vans are in hard to park places and small vans are very easy to get out.

the one main issue that came up yesterday is that when we last moved pitches some one else put ther van in the space that i had been told to go into so i had to get into his old space and there for unable to get my van out until he went away (not good)

so when he went i put my van into the space i was told to and whe he got back he has complaned to the owner that he can not get his van in past mine as it is too big. his van is smaller than mine so if he can not get in i have no chance.

i am sorry for it being long winded.

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to the forum. Where do you find information about caravan storage places? I live on the English/Mid Wales border. Do any members chose to store near their prefered holiday location rather than nearer to home?

Simone

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Simone,

I have just put

"caravan storage sites" into google and it came up with several listings.

it seems to cover most area's

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure many of you will be aware of this website but www.spareground.co.uk does have some storage facilities available.

This website allows users to list any spare space they may have including property,parking, land or storage facilities and is open to private individuals, agricultural set ups businesses etc to use.

There are some storage facilities listed on here and you could also create a listing to ask for what you are after if needed. Its free to use too.

I am aware that some insurances may not allow storage on unofficial sites but if this is not a problem then maybe this site could be an option.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to the forum. Where do you find information about caravan storage places? I live on the English/Mid Wales border. Do any members chose to store near their prefered holiday location rather than nearer to home?

Simone
Hi Simone

I live not far the England Wales border, not sure where you are based but can recommend the storage site we use. Annette

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

If you type in COSSOA, their web site lets you search for sites in a particular area and tells you which award they have gold, silver bronze. Hope this helps

Annette

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jon George

You don't seem to have a very well run site there. Our storage site has rows with a wider turning circle for longer vans, all are clearly marked, some pitches have concrete runs, some are grass and we are charged accordingly. We are given a disc with the Row and Pitch number which has to remain in the window of the van and no way would we be able to park elsewhere. Yours sounds a bit hit and miss!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts