Caravan Transport

Oct 3, 2007
Visit site
Dear Caravanners,

Could anyone recommend a good company or driver to move our 2.5m wide Hobby from Somerset to Cornwall, whilst staying within the current towing laws?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Karen

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Karen, you could always hire a transit van and tow it yourselves it will prob be cheaper than using a moving firm,

but I dont think any one would notice if you towed it with a full size 4x4, I`ve seen traveling people do it, and what about foriegners coming over hear on holiday? it`s not illegal for them to tow their 2.5 wide vans in this country with their car.

good luck Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would have a word with your nearest Caravan Dealer who will probably know of, or even have the capability to help you here at a sensible price.

A Transit sized van would be my way of doing it too, but I disagree with Tony on the 4 X 4 route. If you did this and, heaven forbid, had an accident, you would automatically invalidate your insurance, and get yourself into a lot of trouble with the police, not to mention probable litigation by any third party who would be involved in any collision.

We all hope it will never happen, but unfortunately, it always seems to strike when least expected.

Do it properly, by whatever means would be my advice. It's not worth breaking the law over.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Karen,

I have to agree with Ogre on this one.

I comment because of the discrepancy of the UK laws here, where it is still acceptable for a foreign car and caravan at 2.5M to tow in the UK , but not for a UK registered car - daft isn't it - but it is the law.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts