Caravan Tyres (again) Are you under inflating.

May 12, 2019
Visit site
With the caravan I have just bought came a new tyre on the spare
I checked the pressure the dealer had put in and it was 40 psi.
In the literature the caravan manufacturer listed the tyre pressures to be 65.
Yesterday at a tyre dealer I had the tyre checked and the tyre fitter said that my caravan tyre was of the type as used on commercial vehicles and the pressure should be 65.
So I wonder how may caravans the dealer I bought my caravan from (last week) has sent out with under inflated tyres.
(The correct pressure fo a tyre is shown on the sidewall)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
With the caravan I have just bought came a new tyre on the spare
I checked the pressure the dealer had put in and it was 40 psi.
In the literature the caravan manufacturer listed the tyre pressures to be 65.
Yesterday at a tyre dealer I had the tyre checked and the tyre fitter said that my caravan tyre was of the type as used on commercial vehicles and the pressure should be 65.
So I wonder how may caravans the dealer I bought my caravan from (last week) has sent out with under inflated tyres.
(The correct pressure fo a tyre is shown on the sidewall)
The sidewall pressure is the maximum for that tyre it’s not necessarily the correct pressure for all applications. Normally the makers label near the door shows tyre size and tyre pressure, otherwise the owners manual will show it.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The pressure on the sidewall of the tyre is normally the maximum pressure you can inflate the tyre upto.
The pressure you run the tyres at will be maybe on the data plate on your caravan , and in the caravan handbook.
For my Coachman 560, the pressure is 65psi, at the MTPLM.

Reactions: Notmyvan
May 12, 2019
Visit site
went to the dealer I bought the caravan off and told him that the tyres were underinflated and he said the correct tyre pressures were displayed on the said of the caravan.
Which when I looked said 65 psi. He should tell his service staff as they were under inflated by 35% at 42 psi.

Reactions: Hutch
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
For the record, the note on the side of the tyre about maximum inflation pressure is to make them compliant with US regulations and the way they measure them. It does not apply in the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts