Caravan Windsocks....

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I know some people can take or leave caravan windsocks but has anyone got any advice on how to secure them to the caravan jockey wheel or other method? I've seen that you can get stakes to bang into the ground but am slightly resistent to that idea!!

Also, how do you put multiple socks on the pole? My 3 year old loves them!!

Any advice / tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have to say we went for the stake banged into the ground method. Hammer in a length of metal and then pop the extendable pole over the top of it. We fixed multiple windsocks by gafffer taping individual threads to the pole and then fixing the windsock to the thread with one of them clip on twisty things. All seemed to work OK. idn't fancy fxing the pole to the jocky wheel as they vibrate quite a bit.
hope this helps
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Never used one ......
But have a look on here for all of the attachments
smiley-wink.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I use the stake in the ground. The poles do flex a lot in the wind and could hit the caravan if fixed to the jockey wheel. You need the pony tail bungees which come with a fixed ball for attaching flags etc lower down the pole. I'll find a link later.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I use an old TV ariel clamp to clamp it to the jockey wheel and a screw stake at the base attached with a short bungie. This doubles up for the dog as well.

David

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
We pin a piece of alloy tube from a gazebo to ground with a rockpeg then pop pole over and clamp to jockey wheel,ensuring that we can lift the locker door up.I always wonder if I,d hurt my back pulling out a steel stake hammered into the ground

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I use a stake hammered into the ground with the bottom of the pole slipped over it and also secure the pole to the jockey wheel with a bungee chord just to make sure, especially if I use the windsock. I use the pony tail bungee's to fix flags etc. I bought a metal fixing bracket but it's too rigid if the wind picks up, the jockey wheel bungee chord allows the pole to bend with the wind a wee bit.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi we use a carbon fibre stake hamered about half way into the ground then slip the pole over it.
Its perfectly safe and allows the pole to flex and bend as required.
Re attaching the windsocks you can either go with the bungee meathod individualy or depending on the size of the pole you can get what they call a pole sock.
This slides down the length of the pole, is made of a nylon type material, and already fitted with eyelets so for your windsock you simply just clip your spinner to it.

For a different look try getting some cheap solar powered lights, tie them to the top of the pole and again at the bottom, when it goes dusk it can add a bit of fun and light to your pitch.

Hope this helps
Cheers
John

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Starlight DJ is spot on.

I bought one last year as my princesses quite liked the idea of having Nemo floating above our caravan...

I was going to attach it to the jockey wheel avec clamp as others have suggested here but I was told that if I did that, the carbon fibre pole would break as it needed to be supported from within - hence the stake in the ground bit.

It doesn't move anywhere - other than flexing in the wind!

We also put solar lights up it and it looked like a beacon for incoming aircraft for the local airport...!!

The sock has several points that you can attach the windsocks

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We also have a carbon fibre fit for purpose pole, plus a nylon sock with six eyelets to attach various flags/windsocks too. And OH bought LED solar lights so that it looks very pretty at night. We got ours for a great price locally from Ebay and turns out the couple attended my first Wedding in '93 so we got other stuff free off of them! We love the fact that the littlies (when with us) know where the van is but OH is a massive kid himself so we still take it when just the two of us ... although he does spend hours making sure each one is in the correct position so that they don't get tangled up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts