Caravan work platform at Aldi

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I have something similar to the Aldi one Kev.

A really worthwhile accessory and makes so many tasks so much easier, money well spent in my experience.

I and others will appreciate your review.

Cheers,
John.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think that I will go for one too as it should make reaching across my front panel easier to bring a shine to the grp. Aldi stuff is normally good quality and their customer service is good.
Thanks for heads up.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks John, I've ordered mine and it will be delivered on June 5th. It should be a great help for cleaning the caravan and the roof of my Sorento. ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
Thanks John, I've ordered mine and it will be delivered on June 5th. It should be a great help for cleaning the caravan and the roof of my Sorento. ;)

Spot on Parksy,
Even at 6 foot I can’t reach the top of the Sorie :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Spot on Parksy,

I hate to admit it because I try to keep my cars looking nice, but because I'm five foot three and a bit at full stretch I have to take the Sorento round to our local Afghan hand car wash guys to get my roof cleaned. They are nimble enough to hop up onto the top of the rear wheels to do the roof, whereas I'd fall off. I have to re-do the bonnet and sides of the Sorento with my own products after it's been washed at the Hand Wash to get it how I want it.
I just about manage the Fiesta if I use my old caravan step, so this Aldi platform should do the trick for me.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Parksy said:
Dustydog said:
Spot on Parksy,

I hate to admit it because I try to keep my cars looking nice, but because I'm five foot three and a bit at full stretch I have to take the Sorento round to our local Afghan hand car wash guys to get my roof cleaned. They are nimble enough to hop up onto the top of the rear wheels to do the roof, whereas I'd fall off. I have to re-do the bonnet and sides of the Sorento with my own products after it's been washed at the Hand Wash to get it how I want it.
I just about manage the Fiesta if I use my old caravan step, so this Aldi platform should do the trick for me.

Sorry Parksy , but a slight chuckle to myself there! I to have to hop up onto the back tyres on the Kuga to get the roof but get the steps out for the front part off roof ! :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Tempted? -- only thing is it doesn't look that easy to get onto, -- without using other steps? -- Let us know when you've tried it.
Workzone-_Scaffold-_-_Ladder-_System-_A.jpg

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Tempted? -- only thing is it doesn't look that easy to get onto, -- without using other steps? -- Let us know when you've tried it.
Workzone-_Scaffold-_-_Ladder-_System-_A.jpg

Hi King Gab,

A set of steps positioned alongside the platform does make getting on and off the platform much easier (and safer).

More often than not I climb up using the inside of the rungs (as steps) on the vertical section that has the widest spreader bar, takes a wee bit of practice but confidence soon builds.

(My platform does not have equal length spreader bars as the Aldi model appears to have.)

Any tools or equipment I need are placed on the platform before climbing up, having both hands free makes the exercise a lot easier, I'm not recommending my mountdismount method, but it works for me.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Nicely timed Anseo. I was only looking at the Screwfix ones yesterday, they have a 4 section one for roughly the same price, however, it didnt seem as high as this one. Good shout, Im ordering now.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/aluminium-ladder-w-platform-4-section-4-x-3-rungs-3-34m/5621p

Orderer from Aldi, delivery 5th June.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Anyone who must have this must have system and are in the Hertfordshire area there's one for sale on 'Gumtree' for £50.00,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not sure I’d pay £50 to go and collect a secondhand equipment when for under £10 more I can have a new one delivered with warranty. Unless of course the Gumtree one is a superior professional equipment like Young....... whatever.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Took the plunge and ordered one, (realized getting "a bit long in the tooth" to be perched precariously on top of a pair of steps and still struggling to reach the middle of the roof, and having to descend and move along, every yard or so, -- been thinking about one similar for some time, -- petticoat rule prevailed!)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Took the plunge and ordered one, (realized getting "a bit long in the tooth" to be perched precariously on top of a pair of steps and still struggling to reach the middle of the roof, and having to descend and move along, every yard or so, -- been thinking about one similar for some time, -- petticoat rule prevailed!)

Exactly my thoughts even being 6ft 4 inches it still seems a mite precarious not helped by a sloping drive in 3D

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Thingy said:
Nicely timed Anso. I was only looking at the Screwfix ones yesterday, they have a 4 section one for roughly the same price, however, it didnt seem as high as this one. Good shout, Im ordering now.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/aluminium-ladder-w-platform-4-section-4-x-3-rungs-3-34m/5621p

Orderer from Aldi, delivery 5th June.

Thingy,
I have those Screwfix folding steps; they are great as a step ladder or short ladder and can be folded for use in awkward locations and for storage, but i've never used them as a work platform as it would be a bit too precarious for my liking. I bought the cheaper version which did not come with the rung in-fill boards, but I still wouldn't like to stand on them as they are too narrow.
Paul.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
camel said:
I'm running book on who will be the first to fall off, Thingy might be a safe bet if he can still remember how to roll. :p

Camel, you will have to this years Woosifest to collect, have you booked yet? Come on get there with us all. :cheer:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
camel said:
I'm running book on who will be the first to fall off, Thingy might be a safe bet if he can still remember how to roll. :p

Camel, you will have to this years Woosifest to collect, have you booked yet? Come on get there with us all. :cheer:
I’ll second that :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts