Caravan work platform at Aldi

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Parksy said:
Mine came earlier today, it's very solid but not very portable
Oh dear. That’s put paid to your new venture cleaning roofs at the Woosiefest :p :p

Very pleased with it and whilst it is not a lightweight I’m told load bearing exercise is helpful for maintaining healthy bones as you get older :)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Seems you people need a lesson in forward thinking here :whistle:
Put said platform at front of van, clean first part of roof, jump off said platform engaging in a forward roll, switch on motor mover, drive van forward, jump back up on said platform, repeat exercise until the whole roof is cleaned.

Oh sorry you will then have to pick up and move said platform to other side of van and again repeat all steps above :evil: :evil: :evil:

Or you could do as I do, step ladder inside caravan open Haki roof, climb on roof, wash and polish...done. :) :)
(Except I havent been up there this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Now that we are all happily in danger of breaking our necks, what next.

Quite a few caravanning items in the Motor and Travel Special Buy.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/motor-and-travel?q=%3Apopular&page=0

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Parksy said:
Mine came earlier today, it's very solid but not very portable
Oh dear. That’s put paid to your new venture cleaning roofs at the Woosiefest :p :p

At 5'3" and a bit I'd be the wrong person to clean roofs Dusty, I'd need another platform to put on top of the platform

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Just trying mine for first time. Certainly a lot easier than balancing precariously on the top of a step ladder. Could have done with platform height 1 rung higher. Mounting/dismounting not easy with 2 dodgy knees, however found a suitable height crate to use as step, and once I was 'up' there found it very easy to use and I felt safe. Not easy to move (particularly in restricted space) But swmbo came in very useful!! -- at this moment in usage found it very beneficial. PS, - still got wet legs!

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Just trying mine for first time. Certainly a lot easier than balancing precariously on the top of a step ladder. Could have done with platform height 1 rung higher. Mounting/dismounting not easy with 2 dodgy knees, however found a suitable height crate to use as step, and once I was 'up' there found it very easy to use and I felt safe. Not easy to move (particularly in restricted space) But swmbo came in very useful!! -- at this moment in usage found it very beneficial. PS, - still got wet legs!

Sufficient space on the platform for a PortaPotty I would have thought :evil:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Could have done with platform height 1 rung higher.

Havent tries it, but surely the platform will mount on any of the rungs. Failing that, try ebay for a pair of 1970s platform shoes, back then the average teenager could have cleaned the roof.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Aldi kit is well made and incredibly sturdy compared to my 25 yr old steps/ladder combination, which are skip-bound shortly. Only disappointment is that the leg steady supports ar far wider than my house stairs so I can’t use them as a work platform for decorating the stairs. So it looks as if the main ladders and scaffold plank won’t be retiring any time soon.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Thiingy said 'but surely the platform will mount on any of the rungs' -- unfortunately not as the hooks for the ladder sliders are in the way!

Workzone-_Scaffold-_-_Ladder-_System-_A.jpg

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I see. However as I have a far better step and ladder system, I have no intention of using this as a ladder, I will look into taking those slides off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts