Caravan

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Out of the following caravans which make of 4 berth with the same layout would you prefer for long stays;

Avondale

Lunar

Abbey

Ace

Sterling

Swift

I know most of them are built by the Swift group. We are considering trading in our van for a twin wheel caravan with the island bed. There are only the two of us but occasionaly my Dad may be coming along and we would like the opportunity for a bit of privacy hence the island bed caravan. We would like a caravan of reasonably good quality.

Cheers,

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know they don't do an island bed, but you should take a look at the Wyoming before you decide. Good build and less expensive than most. However, if your going for one of the other makes, Swift and their subsidiaries would seem the best, go for the lunar if you need to save on the weight though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The best island bed van I've seen is the 2005 Burstner - not too expensive and good quality. The snag is the wash room - a bit on the small side and no separate shower. If you look at markers on the PC homepage you can get to the Burstner website.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recently there was a list published of caravan manufacturers that were in being in the 1950's. Of all the names there, Avondale were the only one still in business (though some of the earlier names have been re-used by today's big few). This might show a name to consider if the layout you want is there.

Peter T

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts