caravanning and ski resort

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
We did this year as our family ski holiday in easter and it was great, it was only a trial run but we have both said that if we had not already booked to go to banff for the new year we would have took the caravan, the slopes were empty and the snow was still good for that time of the year, you could not ski down to the bottom as it had melted.

we stayed at el escale which is in the caravan club european site's.

craig

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Craig , thank you for the reply, where is el escale? i have looked into Sking in Austria, the Germans are into it in a big way using their caravans for winter sports accomadation, did it make economic sense or were you up for the experience.

Regards Paul.

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi off the top of my head all I can remember is that it was the the French alps and I beleave the place was called Le Grand Bornand but that could be bonand, the price was good I think we paid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, the Name of the site is Camping Lescale, the name of the village is Le Grand Bornand and it's near to the bigger ski resort of La Clusaz.

We've skied at La Clusaz during the winter and it's a good resort but quite low so not very 'snow sure'.

WE've stayed at Camping Lescale during the summer and it's a really beautiful area. If you're going 'out-of-season' it's available with Camping Cheques.

Hope this is helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts