Caravanning pets please

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello, Practical Caravan's editor here. I'm trying to track down any caravanners who take unusual pets with them on holiday - something a bit different to the usual dog or two. If this sounds like you, please could you get in touch with me at alex.newby@haynet.com as soon as possible? I just need to ask you a few questions and have a few photos from you - and you and your pet(s) will get to feature in the magazine! No doubt some of you won't be able to resist that old chestunt about the only unusual pets being your wife or children, but hopefully some of you will get in touch with geniune responses, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks. Alex Newby, Editor, Practical Caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alex.Now you too can see why so many of us complain about kanga and his ilk. A sensible subject concerning our great hobby is reduced to smut once again.can something really not be done before we lose this forum for lack of REAL support from REAL carravanners? Emmerson

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
My Great Dane goes everywhere with us.
roadrunner I had a Great Dane,black male called Nelson absolutely gorgeous !! I'm amazed at how you fit him/her in a caravan though !! R u havin a windup??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
roadrunner I had a Great Dane,black male called Nelson absolutely gorgeous !! I'm amazed at how you fit him/her in a caravan though !! R u havin a windup??
No we had 3 vans since weve had him although the current one is a new Bailey Louisiana.

Wish I could post some pictures.

He done most of Europe with us too!

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
In Italy several years ago,an Italian family arrived oppisite us and set about pitching up,after all the usual camping gear out of the van came a parrot with cage which they hung in the nearest tree, then half a dozen chickens which were tethered to the same tree,no chickens left at the end of the fortnight though!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to post what I was going to say. We take our pet lamb with us, but alas its only a draught excluder that stops the cold air coming in from the gap at the bottom of the door and the frame.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alex.Now you too can see why so many of us complain about kanga and his ilk. A sensible subject concerning our great hobby is reduced to smut once again.can something really not be done before we lose this forum for lack of REAL support from REAL carravanners? Emmerson
emmerson, lighten up

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We took our two rabbits and guinea pig once when our regular pet sitter was taken ill suddenly on the day of our departure,but we always take our dog Pepe nicknamed Stinker for a fairly obvious reason he really does put the poo into poodle !

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roadrunner

reason I ask is I had a lot of trouble with Nelson and his Tail !!! He was so happy and always wagging it,as you know its like a whip and he used to catch it on the wall and cupboards etc!! looked like chainsaw massacre sometimes and he ended up having the tip amputated as it just constantly bled,couldnt imagine how he'd have got on in a van,mind he was very young so probably would've calmed down !!! god I miss him!!!!give us a shout if you manage to get any pics !!!!

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
I just hope we are not going to have a feature about pet owners and their pets in the pc mag, that would rank alongside the one about sink drainage ............ dull as dishwater, literally.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst stopping at Wildrose in Appleby for the horse fair. Saw a chicken tied up to the A frame. Couldn't quite work out if it was a pet or lunch.

Lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alex, I take my cockatiel away with me everytime we go away. He has been camping with us since 1987. He travels in the back of the car in his cage with seat belt. I do get some funny looks at this but all nice ones. and his cage goes on the cooker lid in the van. This is a genuine answer so no sarky comments

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I just hope we are not going to have a feature about pet owners and their pets in the pc mag, that would rank alongside the one about sink drainage ............ dull as dishwater, literally.
Kanga

Please email me with a contact email, as the one you are currently logging on with is not a valid email address.

pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts