Caravans with fixed island bed

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Are the any UK caravans out there that have a reversible fixed bed mattress, in other words you can turn the mattress over like a domestic mattress? If not, which caravan do you think has got the most comfortable fixed bed mattress?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would have thought that all fixed island beds would have a mattress that could be reversed from side to side as would most transvers fixed bed vans

Its only the ones with a fixed side bed /shaped corner like the Oklahoma/Indiana type that can not be reversed

We found the most uncomfortable fixed bed was when the mattresss hinged down the middle which Swift/Ace later avoided but some makers still do that.

We were lucky in that when it sagged at the fold the upholsterer(Leisure Furnishings)removed the fold FOC

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have an island bed Lunar 640 but the nmattress is not reversible and is now sagging in some areas. As the caravan is slightly less than 3 years old we are going to claim on warranty for a replacement.

Seems silly not being able to turn over a mattress on an island bed!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
http://www.leisure-furnishings.co.uk/gpage.html
It might be worth contacting Leisure Furnishings as they now deal direct on warranty claims if they originally supplied Lunar

Ask for Wendy or Elaine ,I found them most helpful when our mattress sagged and they did an excellent job on that and on recovering the seats on warranty when they faded in the sun

We traded the Ace in and the recovered seats had never been out of the polythene!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is not only beds but what about seating. All my previous vans I have been able to alternate the seating at the front left to right and back again on a regular basis as the part near the front locker gets use the most. I now have a Pageant Champagne but I cannot do this as there is a difference of only a couple inches in length between them.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Our Abbey Spectrum has a fixed island bed and this can be turned. It is the same on both sides but it cannot be turned top to bottom due to the curved shape at the base.

We thought the mattress was very firm even though we prefer a firm mattress we found this one to be far to hard. So I had a lined foam mattress topper made by a local upholsterer.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I contacted Swift about the Abbey Spectrum and they have not answered my post about the bed. We had a look at a 2007 525 but the mattress was not reversible. I wonder why they don't make the mattresses reversible on island beds?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts