Carlyon Bay Camping

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
I am seriously considering booking this site but am not sure what the beeches are like localy. I keep reading that Carlyon Bay beech is not great at the moment. Does anyone know or have any other info?

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian, I live about 5 miles out of St Austell and I think the beach is closed. If it is not, I still would not bother going there as it is not so attractive and the developers have been done there. To be honest St Austell town centre is in the middle of being regenerated and is rather run down with car parks and buildings being demolished. If you could manage an hour further travelling St Ives is gorgeous. Hope this helps. Denise

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul, I agree with Denise, I live in Truro. St. Austell used to be a very nice place, Carlyon Bay especially, I think a development co. bought it and half the beach as well for private use for the flats. Liz

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hiya, have a look at carnon downs caravan site between truro and falmouth. its the best site i have ever been on. ask lord b im sure he will agree. if you go into forum search and put carnon down im sure you will find lots of comments on it. if you are a member of the cc you will get a discount as its now a AS for them.

jo-anne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts