CarvanOwnersClub

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Current issue of PCV carries large advertisment for this organisation, which includes the phrase 'Visit the website and sign up free today,.

I've just tried this and to find that to sign up you seem to need an ID and a number (which presumably you don't get until you have signed up) or have to pay £9.99 via PayPal.
I was trying to sign up as on 'ordinary' not Priveleged member.

Have I misunderstood the process as £9.99 is not 'free' in my book.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oooops ! seems that because I had explored the Priveledge section the form was set to this although not showing it. I did get a very quick reply to my email enquiry though, which is encouraging.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I saw the double page advert in this months Practcal Caravan magazine and thought it rather odd that there was such a prominent advert featuring a website that is in competition with this one
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

This Caravan Owners Club website claims to have information about sites, attractions, caravan security, accessories, repairs and maintenance and a social hub.
I've had a look and it doesn't seem up to much though

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I thought I would go and have look, and I agree with Parksy, it is not up to much, nothing more than a webshop. After a bit of investigation, it turns out it belongs to Towergate. The main thing is that, it seems that you have to join to be able see the forum or as they call it 'the social hub'. there is no way that I am giving them my details without the chance to see what I am getting first.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
hortimech said:
Well, I thought I would go and have look, and I agree with Parksy, it is not up to much, nothing more than a webshop. After a bit of investigation, it turns out it belongs to Towergate. The main thing is that, it seems that you have to join to be able see the forum or as they call it 'the social hub'. there is no way that I am giving them my details without the chance to see what I am getting first.
When it falls flat on its face they will realsie people are not prepared to pay for something that they can get for nothing! There is also no ways I would pay to join a forum.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
With initials like COC what do you expect.
It may have been beeter if it was called Caravanners Rally Associated People
smiley-wink.gif

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I will not pay to just browse a website, but you cannot even browse the COC forum without giving them your details, who would agree to something without first getting a chance to see what you are getting?
This smacks to me of just a way of getting your contact details, so that you can then be sent advertising emails etc, pretty shoddy I call it.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
With initials like COC what do you expect.
It may have been beeter if it was called Caravanners Rally Associated People
smiley-wink.gif

I used to be in COC, we used to laugh as we got nearer to the rally field and the little voice in the back used to say there's the first COC of the day I'll look for some more!! (Coachman Owners' Club)

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We insure with Towergate - and got one of their flyers advertising this 'Forum' and website with our renewal quote I had a quick look and decided 'No thanks'! One thing I would say, though, is that we don't get lots of unrequested spam, flyers, or advertising, from Towergate, and the renewal quote is the only thing we've had in a year of insuring with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts