Nov 27, 2006
Visit site
hi folks

, im wondering if i can turn up the heating in our 98 award northstar,

the temperature of the heat seems not very warm,

was wondering if these are set at factory or if i can turn up,

the heating is of the carver make which runs on gas or electric,

it is controled from a control panel on the wall of the van,

also anyone know anything about the trip switch on the back of the heater, ive had it trip once or twice and had to press hold to reset,

thanx much

laura.

ive left this a little late as were off in van tomorrow, but im staying online from now till bedtime, please help

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Laura, sorry, can't help you too much, except to say that our last 'van was a '98 Award Daystar,and we always found that the heating was much better on gas than electric.If I remember correctly, the temp setting on the wall control panel is just for the electrical operation.

One other point, make sure that the warm air is coming out of all vents, just in case you have one or more disconnected inside the lockers, and you are sending all your warm air there instead of into the living area.

Regarding the electrical heating, we preferred to use a small portable heater rather than the 'van's own system.

Nov 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi thanx

yes the gas is great, but has a smell from the heater smells like something burning on the heater, maybe because we dont use gas much for heat.

electric heating seems to cut off a wee bit early, was thinking this may be the thermostat, wrong positioning

great idea about taking my house heater,

thanx eddie

laura

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Eddie makes a good point regarding the vent pipes coming off the heater at the back, only last week this cured one inefficient Truma blown air heater.

Your point about litle use on gas will almost certainly be the cause of the smell, this is simply dust on the heat exchanger being burnt off and will subside after an hour or so.

As for your Carver Fanmaster electric heating, with time short I suggest you ring tommorow and I'll talk you through the few possibles. Numbers are on my website, www.arcsystems.biz

Nov 27, 2006
Visit site
thanx

all the pipes do have air coming from them,

just seems to be cutting off too early, end room is very cold, and their are two vents in their, 1 in shower cubicle and 1 below rear window,

maybe its not supposed to be used in minus conditions in glencoe, LOL

thanx for the help and i will get iain to call this number tomorrow

thanx very much

laura

Nov 27, 2006
Visit site
Eddie makes a good point regarding the vent pipes coming off the heater at the back, only last week this cured one inefficient Truma blown air heater.

Your point about litle use on gas will almost certainly be the cause of the smell, this is simply dust on the heat exchanger being burnt off and will subside after an hour or so.

As for your Carver Fanmaster electric heating, with time short I suggest you ring tommorow and I'll talk you through the few possibles. Numbers are on my website, www.arcsystems.biz
hi

got the number thanx much iain will call tomorrow as he knows better than i about the technical things

appreciated

laura

May 22, 2006
Visit site
i found the same problem in our van, not an abi ne more but with same system...i took front off the fire and hoovered (carefully) the fan and inside the fire to get rid of dust as having read can have an effect on the performance of the heating system? seemed to work

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts