Cassette Toilet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a problem with my cassette toilet.When we flush the toilet dirt comes up with the water. Is there any product that we can get to rid us of this problem.PS Our caravan was stored away for the winter before this problem happened.Could any of your readers let me know how this occours.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am assuming you mean little black bits in the flush water. I this may be due to you not adding any flush addative which I think sanatises the water. I had a problem with this & flushed the water tank & always use addative & it has not reoccured. I think you should always drain the flush tank down in winter anyway hope this helps karl

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We never had this problem until we started putting Thetford " pink" top tank addative in the flush water.

Thetford sell a solution that you can add to your water to get rid of the problem. It worked for us .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a known problem by Thetford who have now come up with "Thetford Toilet Water Tank Cleaner" seems to work,got rid of my little black bits.Should be available from your local caravan/camping dealer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Donal. When Thetford entered the toilet market (it used to be only Racasan and Elsan) their 'pink' top fluid always left a clean flush and their 'blue' left a clean bottom tank. Now, their formulations are different and you can buy additives (from Thetford) one of which will stop the top tank getting spotty and a further additive will stop the bottom tank scaling up.

Me, I've gone back to Elsan which has top and bottom tank fluids which are complete. I also find them cheaper - remember Thetford may have a virtual monopoly on installed toilets, but you can choose your consumables.

Peter T

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts