CaSSOA - does it make a difference?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we've always had our caravan at home where it's visible from the road but I'd like my garden back so want to move the caravan into storage. Does anyone know if CaSSOA storage sites are any better than others; what the difference is between gold and silver; anything I should ask in particular and (finally) if moving the caravan off our drive will raise or lower our caravan insurance premiums. Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz

the difference between the 3 grades relates to the security measures the facility has. Some insurance companies now insist on storing ina CAssoa compund rather than a farmers barn/field.

It won't make any difference to the premium, mine is still based on my home address (very expensive), when it's stored in a nice safe rural location, protected by 6 foot dykes on 3 sides.

Make sure you tell the insurance company where it's stored and follow up in writing, as the dear NFU did not make a note of where my van has been stored for the 3 years, so heaven knows what would have happened if I had made a claim. I ma now with the CC, who didn't even ask.

Re questions, 1) any been stolen 2) who has access and at what times of the day/night 3) security lighting 4 patrols 5) the usual suspects when looking at any new environment for very very expensicve possessions.

Hope it helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz

the difference between the 3 grades relates to the security measures the facility has. Some insurance companies now insist on storing ina CAssoa compund rather than a farmers barn/field.

It won't make any difference to the premium, mine is still based on my home address (very expensive), when it's stored in a nice safe rural location, protected by 6 foot dykes on 3 sides.

Make sure you tell the insurance company where it's stored and follow up in writing, as the dear NFU did not make a note of where my van has been stored for the 3 years, so heaven knows what would have happened if I had made a claim. I ma now with the CC, who didn't even ask.

Re questions, 1) any been stolen 2) who has access and at what times of the day/night 3) security lighting 4 patrols 5) the usual suspects when looking at any new environment for very very expensicve possessions.

Hope it helps
Apologies for spelling errors, blame the keyboard or operative if you wish.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Andrew, particularly re Qs to ask. In the event the first question was what availaibility there was and the answer - zero in any of the three Cossoa approved sites within a 30 mile radius! Liz

Aug 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi I am new to caravanning & was checking out insurance for the van, I am not allowed to have a caravan at home due to title deeds so opted for storage just up the road from me it was a silver award site so got the quotes in. But there were no larger spaces left for my van so had to move it to another site owned by the same company.

The new site has a gold award so I contacted the insurance companies again & the prices dropped one company shaved off

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All CaSSOA sites in my locality are fully booked and, having had two break ins, we had to seek yet another storage location. This time I checked with the local police to see if they had any record of problems at the new place. The reply was that they had never even heard of the site which they pointed out was good news since they only heard of such places if there had been break ins or theft.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts