Cassoa Storage - v - The Rest FAO Gumbo

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gumbo

Blackmoe CC site at Malvern has a storage compound. Not sure if it is Cassoa . Do you know how much a Cassoa Gold rated storage actually costs allowing for regional differences?

Our storage is fully alarmed, swipe card entry / exit, owners live on site and it is remote. Not Cassoa rated. CC Insurance happy. Costs me £250.00 per year .

You can see what I am thinking. Could your idea merely be transferring insurance costs to storage costs?

Also the way Andy was treated by the Police is disgraceful.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for flagging this Dusty. I do think we need a revolution in how Storage & Insurance Costs need to be related. 95 + % of vans seem to be stolen from Storage, albeit a Front Drive or a Farm etc could be the storage. Which raises the question how much of the Insurance Premium is theft related 10, 20, 50, % ??.

I don't know the answer but someone does !!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gumbo

No doubt the Insurers know these figures. I see no reason why they are secret.

As far as I know no caravan Insurer will offer accidental damage without theft damage . Now if we could get quotes for 1. Theft only

2. Accidental Damage only

3. 1 & 2 combined

We could soon work out the %.

It maybe worth asking the two main clubs CC and C&CC. Afterall they are a club for members and should support transparency in information.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS